PDA

View Full Version : I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

gumbo
04-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Whenever I upload an image I got from the internet I get this shallow box around the logo. I copy the image from the internet, bring it into paint and turn it into a gray scale, trim off any excess or unwanted things save it and import it to the cw software. As you can see I get the box around the lettering. How if possible do I get just the lettering. I will include the ptn file and the origional downloaded logo if it helps. What I am trying to do is just carve the logo(letters) and leave everything else the same heigth.

thank You in advance of all the great help I'm sure I'll get

HighTechOkie
04-05-2009, 01:49 PM
When you import your png, click on Lower until the background becomes black leaving just the logo. Invert the image when you place it on your board. I would also suggest adding a small draft to it, and set the depth to 0.125". Going deeper only takes longer to carve and adds very little to the finished sign.

Rob

bjbethke
04-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Whenever I upload an image I got from the internet I get this shallow box around the logo. I copy the image from the internet, bring it into paint and turn it into a gray scale, trim off any excess or unwanted things save it and import it to the cw software. As you can see I get the box around the lettering. How if possible do I get just the lettering. I will include the ptn file and the origional downloaded logo if it helps. What I am trying to do is just carve the logo(letters) and leave everything else the same heigth.

Your (.png) attached image has a white background; you need to remove this background to outline the letters. I checked the windows paint program, not sure you can remove the background with that program, and I use Photoshop. Gimp is a good program that works like Photoshop and it is free to use.

gumbo
04-05-2009, 08:38 PM
thanks for the advice I'll try it. When yousay to remove the white background do you mean to use the cutting tool and cut around the lettering? Or is there an easier way to do this?

JOHNB
04-05-2009, 09:19 PM
gumbo; i use paint.net, select area with magic wand, click on erase, save as png. file, import into designer.

AskBud
04-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Here is a quick 19.6 MB AVI lesson on Importing and Editing an Item.
I hope it helps you understand the process on your Phillies project.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Import%20and%20Edit%20an%20Item.zip

AskBud

gumbo
04-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Thank you all for your help. I knew that it was something that I was missing. And bud You did it once again, your videos teach us so much, Thank You.

Ken Massingale
04-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Here is a quick 19.6 MB AVI lesson on Importing and Editing an Item.
I hope it helps you understand the process on your Phillies project.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Import%20and%20Edit%20an%20Item.zip

AskBud

Bud,
Is that the Pattern Editor that opened when you double clicked the Pattern?
Thanks for your efforts.
ken

AskBud
04-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Bud,
Is that the Pattern Editor that opened when you double clicked the Pattern?
Thanks for your efforts.
ken

Yes, the Pattern Editor opened as I did the double click.
AskBud

Ken Massingale
04-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Yes, the Pattern Editor opened as I did the double click.
AskBud

Thanks Bud, I was afraid that would be the answer. I don't understand why the PE is so darn expensive.
ken

ajk
04-08-2009, 09:13 AM
:roll:Hello:
Do Photoshop Is The Same As Nero. I Can't Not Go To Help You With The Trees But I Can Use My Mind Power

johnbryantjr
04-17-2009, 03:52 AM
you need to open the photo in gimp
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-win/gimp-2.6.6-i686-setup.exe

Hit the u key on your keyboard Or select the fuzzy select tool(same thing)

Click in the back ground of you photo
Hit delete on your keyboard
You should be left with just your letters with a checker board behind it
File save .png
quit gimp

open the carvewright software

go to file
Import image
From file
pick the photo you save with Gimp
hit next
Next
Name
Save

There your pattern is done