PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Tampa Show

graniteman57
04-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I attended the Tampa wood working show and was looking forward to talking with thw Carve Wright people about my machine and adding the new scanning probe to it. I was disappointed as the lady working the booth did not want to be there and did not want to be bothered answering any questions, so much for getting the probe at the show price. I love my machine as I am learning the little ins and outs of how much you can and cannot do with it and how it reacts to carving the same program using different types of wood. Look forward to adding to my library and doing many special projects with my teenage son.:(

Jim N.
04-04-2009, 08:32 PM
check this site for probe http://machinerydistributors.com/ $249.99
Jim

Ike
04-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I attended the Tampa wood working show and was looking forward to talking with thw Carve Wright people about my machine and adding the new scanning probe to it. I was disappointed as the lady working the booth did not want to be there and did not want to be bothered answering any questions, so much for getting the probe at the show price. I love my machine as I am learning the little ins and outs of how much you can and cannot do with it and how it reacts to carving the same program using different types of wood. Look forward to adding to my library and doing many special projects with my teenage son.:(

That would be disappointing, I have a probe, but never have used it yet. I was given the probe, but had to buy the software. Well bought the whole thing for $75.00 never used and thought I got a bargain. Then found out the software is not transferable so I had to pay $199.00 for the software. Fortunately the person I bought the probe from was a honest person and returned the money to me and told me to keep the probe.

So beware looking for a bargain from a non commercial source. If it is from e-bay private seller etc. ask if the software has ever been registered. You may pay more then you bargained for!

Ike

Jim N.
04-05-2009, 05:00 PM
I found another price on probe http://www.ourhometools.com/
$225 :p
Jim N.

Ike
04-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Amazon.com has the probe for sell for $225.99.

Ike