PDA

View Full Version : Jog to position

Schranker
04-04-2009, 04:18 PM
I hope that I am posting this in the right place. When placing a carving on the board, one choice is "jog to position". I thought that this option would let me manually position the board to where I wanted the carving to start. Am I wrong? I guess I understand "center on board" or "place on end" but not "jog to position". Can someone explain what this option does and how use it?

Thanks,

geekviking
04-04-2009, 10:26 PM
That when it "jogs to position" it is using the spot you select as the touch down point for the highest surface point of your board in it's calculating the depth of your carve.

DocWheeler
04-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Schranker,

I'm not sure that your question was answered to your satisfaction.
There are two "Jog" functions, perhaps it is the other one that is of concern to you.

You can Jog the board into a position, and you can Jog the Y-truck to the "touch" position that you want.

Amonaug
04-05-2009, 11:49 AM
As Doc said there are 2 Jog functions. 1 You can set in options to manually tell it where to touch the board for finding the surface of the board.

The second one which you are talking about functions as follows as you look at the keypad

Place on end will measure where to place the project based on the left end of the board and closest to the keypad

Center functions as you would think and places the project centered on the board

Jog to Position will move to the right side of the board then you can move it so the bit moves further to the left (you can't go any further to the right) and either closer or further away from the keypad. This point will be where you want the upper left corner of your project to be (as it is in designer).