PDA

View Full Version : Some of my projects

SteveEJ
04-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Here are some of my projects.

The famous Wilderness Clock.. Thanks Michael!

A Stained and partially finished Dolphins Clock for my brother. This was a scanned mouse pad believe it or not..

A House Sign, yet to be finished as I am not sure what would look best. Any suggestions?

A Dolphin light switch plate for my office.

A clock face (Cowboy, etc.) that I put together for a friend. He had a mountain scene scroll sawn into the pendelum area and is finishing it now. I will take a picture of it when he is finished and upload it here.

Not shown is a Sea Chest for a retiring MCPO. I carved naval emblems in all four sides and a name plate.

Enjoy!

Steve

SteveEJ
04-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Oops.. Forgot the last picture..

Steve

Ike
04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Oops.. Forgot the last picture..

Steve

Very nice!

Ike

mtylerfl
04-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Fantastic, Steve! You have been WORKIN' HARD!

Great job on all, and now you've got us drooling to see the Sea Chest when done - can't wait!

Kenm810
04-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Keep it up Steve,
Very Nice Indeed
Thanks for Sharing your Photos

SteveEJ
04-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks! Hopefully I'll have some pictures of the finished western clock and the sea chest for all to see tomorrow.

Steve

b.sumner47
04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Steve Your projects really show the time that you put into them.,nice job. Capt Barry.

AWoodsmith
04-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Very nice, I guess I will have to start taking pictures of mine. I will even show one I really messed up on, I an laughing now but I wasn't then, it was two nice Cherry boards.

SteveEJ
04-03-2009, 10:07 PM
We love Cherry. I just bought 100bf for a secretary for my wife. When it gets too expensive then I revert to Alder. It looks and finishes like Cherry but is not as expensive. A cabinet maker friend got me started on it. Alder carves very well too. The Wilderness Clock by Michael is carved Alder finished with Minwax Cherry stain and 4 coates of Laquer. The Dolphin clock is Cherry with a Cherry Dye mixed in denatured alcohol, sanded to make it look aged then finished with laquer. I started using dyes a while back and am very happy with the more mature finish they provide.

Thanks for the good feedback. I am really loving the CW now!:D

Steve

RayTrek
04-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Steve,
Maybe it is the carve alcoholic in me but I love seeing great projects like yours and hearing the “I am really loving the CW now” as I am hooked I like to see others hooked.
Thanks for the project photos and look forward to see more.
Cheers
Ray

MCGEE2SKINNER
04-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Hi Guys
Check out flipalbum.com for showing your pictures of your finished projects.
I use it for all family pictures easy to set music to works just like looking at a album. One nice thing you can burn it out to a cd and pass them around. Check it out.

Jim McGee

PCW
04-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi Steve

Looks like you have been pretty busy creating these fine pieces. Well Done

AWoodsmith
04-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Very nice work Steve, I love Cherry too as well as Walnut. I am lucky enough to have a grandberg mill so I can mill my own, plus I have a friend with a bandsaw mill. I also purchased a huge load of wood from a cabinet maker that got out of the business. So as long as my back holds out I will be busy very soon. Great job on your projects though..

ed

SteveEJ
04-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Ed,
You would be about a 6 hour drive from my home to Oneida, TN. Looks to be a nice small town in a beautiful area of Tennessee! I might be tempted to make a trip your way some day..:roll:

Steve

Carve Daddy
04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
lookin good...:-D

AWoodsmith
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Ed,
You would be about a 6 hour drive from my home to Oneida, TN. Looks to be a nice small town in a beautiful area of Tennessee! I might be tempted to make a trip your way some day..:roll:

Steve
Steve,
Any time you want to come visit, my door and my shop are open to you. Let me knwo if you ever get this way and we will have dinner and hell you may even have a place to stay if my kids are not here.

Ed

wasacop75
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Where are you two from Picwick dam?>>

SteveEJ
04-06-2009, 08:46 PM
I am about a 1.5-2 hour drive from Pickwick. In fact, as soon as I get my boat up here (May) I plan on visiting that area as well as Land Between the Lakes.. I hear it is really nice up there.

Steve

PS: Brighton is NNE of Memphis.

SteveEJ
04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I just returned from my buddies shop. I carved the navy emblems for him to use in the sea chest. I saw the assembled and sanded product and boy is it sweet! The guy getting the chest looked at it and was blown away! Coy will be applying the finish over the next couple of days and is going to take a picture of it for me (several angles and views). I have to travel to DC for work but am looking forward to seeing the finished product! As soon as I get the pictures I'll upload them for all to see!:D

Happy Carving,

Steve

PCW
04-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Steve

Would love to see the pictures. I hope you heard good new about your health. How for from Nashville TN are you. My family is from the South West portion of Kentucky.

Dan

SteveEJ
04-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Nashville is 4 hours from Memphis area.

Steve