PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Show Cancellations?

JVallario
04-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Just read that the CarveWright won't be at the woodworking shows in Sacramento - LA or Seattle. Bummer. Anyone know why they won't be attending? Not enough sales out here? I had hoped to stop in and ask about a million questions. Yes - even more than I do here. I still intend to go to the show in Sac. at the end of the month.

Digitalwoodshop
04-01-2009, 03:29 PM
That is not a good sign..... And I am Mr. Positive.....

Interesting....

AL

TerryT
04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Me too Al.... hmmmm.

Pratyeka
04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I've heard that all LHR's employees from the receptionist to the CEO have been drafted to the grinding dept to balance the new batch of QCs...

Remember what day it is today?

Ike
04-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Just read that the CarveWright won't be at the woodworking shows in Sacramento - LA or Seattle. Bummer. Anyone know why they won't be attending? Not enough sales out here? I had hoped to stop in and ask about a million questions. Yes - even more than I do here. I still intend to go to the show in Sac. at the end of the month.

Rats that would have been cool! I could have met you John! Well I am hoping to get into the Sonoma/ Marin Co. fair with the soda wagon maybe we will meet there? I did get into the State Fair!

Ike

mtylerfl
04-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Hello,

I don't think anything "ominous" can be read into the decision that LHR isn't going to those shows. I know it's a disappointment to those who are near those show areas. It is great to meet the LHR folks in person! Hey, they're fun people to be around!

There are probably a host of good reasons for show cancellations, not the least of which is some of the staff has been traveling until they are blue in the face, starting to forget what their families look like, and likely want to take a breather to get caught up at home for a change!

Also, some shows just may not be productive enough to warrant attendance. I know... I used to travel to scads of music technology related shows - it gets old fast and some shows are not productive enough to be worth the cost of a plane ticket. Not saying that's the case with LHR's decision of course, but the point is I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about it.

Digitalwoodshop
04-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I've heard that all LHR's employees from the receptionist to the CEO have been drafted to the grinding dept to balance the new batch of QCs...

Remember what day it is today?

APRIL WHAT !!!!!

:) AL

JVallario
04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Rats that would have been cool! I could have met you John! Well I am hoping to get into the Sonoma/ Marin Co. fair with the soda wagon maybe we will meet there? I did get into the State Fair!

Ike

Ike - are you in Calif or just visiting for the Fairs? Let me know when you are going to be around and hopefully we can meet up.

mtylerfl
04-02-2009, 08:54 AM

BTW, I posed the question to the LHR Techs about this issue of so-called "unbalanced QC's" somehow causing premature failure.

The answer is, "It is a complete myth.". They say that the only thing that can crash a QC is improper bit installation and/or dust collecting inside preventing the bit adapter from seating properly.

I suspected the QC "imbalance" wasn't very relevant. The QC's on each of my two machines lasted about two years apiece - never had any indication of "imbalance" so my personal experience had already indicated to me that it was a non-issue.

On one machine, the QC was damaged after using a cutting bit that was improperly mounted in the adapter, so that particular QC might still be running to this day if it hadn't been for that! ;)

The other QC had a tiny piece of metal break off inside and I noticed it fall out during a bit change - I attribute that to normal wear-and-tear. (see photo)

Pratyeka
04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
BTW, I posed the question to the LHR Techs about this issue of so-called "unbalanced QC's" somehow causing premature failure.

The answer is, "It is a complete myth.". They say that the only thing that can crash a QC is improper bit installation and/or dust collecting inside preventing the bit adapter from seating properly.

I suspected the QC "imbalance" wasn't very relevant. The QC's on each of my two machines lasted about two years apiece - never had any indication of "imbalance" so my personal experience had already indicated to me that it was a non-issue.

On one machine, the QC was damaged after using a cutting bit that was improperly mounted in the adapter, so that particular QC might still be running to this day if it hadn't been for that! ;)

The other QC had a tiny piece of metal break off inside and I noticed it fall out during a bit change - I attribute that to normal wear-and-tear. (see photo)

So the whole science and technology around vibration control is useless? Sorry to disagree.

mtylerfl
04-02-2009, 02:44 PM
So the whole science and technology around vibration control is useless? Sorry to disagree.

No, but it seems they don't feel it's an issue in the case of the QC based upon their experience and many others, apparently. Even my own experience seems to bear that out.