PDA

View Full Version : machine problems

ajk
03-31-2009, 05:17 PM
I broke a cutting bit and i think i broke a screw that hold the bearing to the z-truck . The whole cutting head is looseand giving me a bad cut . Do i need to take the whole cutting head off or i need to go to service people? I bought in sears.

AskBud
03-31-2009, 05:21 PM
I broke a cutting bit and i think i broke a screw that hold the bearing to the z-truck . The whole cutting head is looseand giving me a bad cut . Do i need to take the whole cutting head off or i need to go to service people? I bought in sears.

If you are still under warranty, I would allow Sears to repair the unit. If they mess it up They provide a new machine (I know from experience). I've never had to pay a cent for repair.

The "Turn-around" is about 3 or 4 weeks.
AskBud

ajk
03-31-2009, 05:50 PM
If you are still under warranty, I would allow Sears to repair the unit. If they mess it up They provide a new machine (I know from experience). I've never had to pay a cent for repair.

The "Turn-around" is about 3 or 4 weeks.
AskBud

threr is not another way ? can we repair ? takes a long time to repair.

AskBud
03-31-2009, 06:05 PM
threr is not another way ? can we repair ? takes a long time to repair.

You can contact LHR via this link:
http://carvewright.com/cms/contact-us
Be sure you know the $$ cost of your possible solution before you decide.
AskBud

ajk
03-31-2009, 07:05 PM
You can contact LHR via this link:
http://carvewright.com/cms/contact-us
Be sure you know the $$ cost of your possible solution before you decide.
AskBud

yes that's true. i called sears and they are coming next week. i appreciate your feedback.

AskBud
03-31-2009, 07:15 PM
yes that's true. i called sears and they are coming next week. i appreciate your feedback.

FYI:
Sear's does the U.S. Repair(s) in Garland Texas. It is Repair facility #8047.
AskBud

ajk
03-31-2009, 07:20 PM
FYI:
Sear's does the U.S. Repair(s) in Garland Texas. It is Repair facility #8047.
AskBud

THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE COMING TO HOME TO REPAIR. LET'S SEE I WILL TELL.:roll:

mtylerfl
03-31-2009, 07:28 PM
THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE COMING TO HOME TO REPAIR. LET'S SEE I WILL TELL.:roll:

A regular Sears road technician will not be able to repair your machine at your home. The only Sears Techs that are trained for CompuCarve repair are currently located in Garland, TX as Bud mentioned.

If you want Sears to repair your machine, contact Diane Coker in Garland, TX at 214-553-6702

Digitalwoodshop
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM
That is the best way when you are in Warranty. Playing yourself when out of warranty is one thing, but playing in warranty is foolish. If you break other stuff you could end up paying.

The screws do snap off, they are under great tension. The left bearings are drilled in the center. The right bearing screw holes are located in the edge of the center. This lets the bearing pivot. It pivots to pinch on to the rails.

If you ever remove a screw, hold it with a quality screw driver and turn the bearing nut. If you turn the screw you can strip it easily.

To tighten the offset screw you snug it up and align the bearing so it is in the max closed position. Holding the screw back the nut off 1/8 a turn re snug the screw and tighten the bearing nut 1/8 of a turn. This is the tricky part. Too loose and things come loose while you are cutting and too tight the screw snaps. I snapped a few screws getting the feel...

Good Luck,

AL

Missed the spelling error on Fully.....

ajk
04-01-2009, 07:13 AM
That is the best way when you are in Warranty. Playing yourself when out of warranty is one thing, but playing in warranty is foolish. If you break other stuff you could end up paying.

The screws do snap off, they are under great tension. The left bearings are drilled in the center. The right bearing screw holes are located in the edge of the center. This lets the bearing pivot. It pivots to pinch on to the rails.

If you ever remove a screw, hold it with a quality screw driver and turn the bearing nut. If you turn the screw you can strip it easily.

To tighten the offset screw you snug it up and align the bearing so it is in the max closed position. Holding the screw back the nut off 1/8 a turn re snug the screw and tighten the bearing nut 1/8 of a turn. This is the tricky part. Too loose and things come loose while you are cutting and too tight the screw snaps. I snapped a few screws getting the feel...

Good Luck,

AL

Missed the spelling error on Fully.....

THANKS TO TAKE YOUR TIME TO HELP US. IF SOME OF MY ENGLISH IS BAD IS BEACUSE I SPEAK SPANISH AND PROBABLY I HAVE SOME ERRORS. NOW WE UNDERSTAND WITH THE PICTURES. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.