PDA

View Full Version : Close Cover Message AGAIN

jimso
03-31-2009, 04:25 PM
This is the second time. After trying several fixes, LHR sent me a new switch and wiring plus I did the Z pack motor upgrade. I have carved perhaps 8 additional hours since then with no problems. Now I have the problem with jogging in the X direction. Cleaned thoroughly to try again but I now get the Close Cover Message so can't see if the X is fixed.
Can the message occur even if the switches are OK? Do you think the switches are bad again?
What now?
Thanks,
Jimso

cnsranch
03-31-2009, 04:37 PM
If the switch is mounted a little too far away from the cover, it will show open intermittently. Loosen the screws and move the switch forward, see if that takes care of the problem.

newcarver
03-31-2009, 04:57 PM
I took mine out and installed a toggle switch in its place, did it with the cut motor switch also, had 3 switches go bad. I DO NOT recommend doing this as it could be dangerous. I did it with the cut motor switch when it decided to not work, was going to change a bit one time and the cut motor just started spinning with the cover open, could have been very bad. Made the decision then to make it my job to stop the motor from working not the machines. Scared the heck out of me.