PDA

View Full Version : Broken again

RobertP
03-31-2009, 03:07 AM
I was working on a piece tonight, when I heard this nasty noise, I go over to the machine to find my carving messed up, a broken bit, and this sleeve hanging down and stuck. Anyone have this happen to them? So far with 10 hours on this new machine the ratio of projects to repair is 3 to 1, I hope this doesn't continue. :( Any previous notes on this repair?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd122/soundgravy/IMG_1070.jpg

837kenny
03-31-2009, 04:51 AM
Robert
I just put my third Z-truck on in less then 40hrs all with the same problem
Kenny

Rocky
03-31-2009, 06:39 AM
The CW is a great machine, although it does require high maintenance, and that's 'ok'. However, after dealing with a few problems I have had, and, months of reading posts on this forum (especially posts of problems with CW's that are relatively new, low hours), I am beginning to believe that LHR needs to focus more on quality control when new CW's are being assembled.

I still like my CW!

ajk
03-31-2009, 06:54 AM
I was working on a piece tonight, when I heard this nasty noise, I go over to the machine to find my carving messed up, a broken bit, and this sleeve hanging down and stuck. Anyone have this happen to them? So far with 10 hours on this new machine the ratio of projects to repair is 3 to 1, I hope this doesn't continue. :( Any previous notes on this repair?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd122/soundgravy/IMG_1070.jpg

that's happen to us but really was the piece that we were doing. i buy one extra in sears and one to littlewh which takes longer to received. good luck, really happens to us because we are new. thanks to god these people of this forum are wonderful

RobertP
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
So I take it that I am going to have to replace the whole Z truck? Looks like another call to LHR is in order, hopefully it can be a quick fix and I can get back up and runnning again.

RobertP
03-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Robert
I just put my third Z-truck on in less then 40hrs all with the same problem
Kenny

Wow! that is really discouraging.

mtylerfl
03-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Wow! that is really discouraging.

RobertP,

I know this doesn't help much, but a series of issues is certainly not normal. Naturally, I am very sorry that you are experiencing any problem at all and wish you didn't have the temporary downtime away from enjoying your machine! The Techs will be able to get you back on track in short order, I'm sure.

Hi Rocky,

You mentioned that the machine is "high maintenance". I guess it depends on one's definition, but I honestly don't consider cleaning and occasional lubing a high-maintenance task. Maybe I'm just used to it! That's pretty much all the machine normally requires to keep it running smoothly, with maybe a quickie inspection after a few projects just to err on the safe side.:)

RobertP
03-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the kind words Michael, I am sure that LHR will be more than helpful, and I do agree with you that in the normal course these machines are not really considered high maintenance, cleaning and lubing are part of regemine to keep a machine in top working condition and are a must do.

Rocky
04-01-2009, 04:39 AM
My "high" comment was arrived at by comparing maintenance time of the CW compared to all the other machines in my shop. Perhaps in my CW maintenance routine I do more than is necessary. I lube certain locations/parts and thoroughly clean it after every hour of use.

As for my "quality control" comment, it stems, in part, from two problems I had early on with the CW. Both problems were the result of machine screws not being properly secured/tightened when the CW was manufactured.

Thanks for the feed back.

837kenny
04-01-2009, 06:57 AM
that's happen to us but really was the piece that we were doing. i buy one extra in sears and one to littlewh which takes longer to received. good luck, really happens to us because we are new. thanks to god these people of this forum are wonderful

ajk
could you explain what happen with the piece you were doing.My problem I think was they send me refurbished Ztrucks they said at the time they were
out of stock of new wons . The last one is a new one so I hope that will help.

RobertP
04-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Just wanted to update, I got my new Ztruck installed tonight, pretty easy to install, all went pretty smooth. I fired it up for a test carving and it worked great. The machine is so much quieter now, slighty quieter than my shop vac, it really amazes me how much difference there is now, from the moment I unpacked this machine, it was so loud that you couldnt stand to be in the same area even with hearing protection, I'm really surprised that it left LHR like that. Anyhoo, hopefully I can get back to work with it without any more problems.

liquidguitars
04-10-2009, 10:51 AM
So I take it that I am going to have to replace the whole Z truck? Looks like another call to LHR is in order, hopefully it can be a quick fix and I can get back up and runnning again.

You will need a new spindel so give LHR call.

Do a check on how you are using the unit you could be running out of DOC and if you run it the same way next time more damage will likely be the result.

edit: good to see your running..

LG

SeaCapt97
04-10-2009, 11:07 AM
OK LG. What's "DOC"? I'm stumped.

Bill

Digitalwoodshop
04-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I had one of them last summer, a referb.... Did it in the first 30 min after changing it. I am still stuck with it. Must be missing getting something seated properly, that is why they are dropping.

AL

RobertP
04-11-2009, 01:54 AM
I had one of them last summer, a referb.... Did it in the first 30 min after changing it. I am still stuck with it. Must be missing getting something seated properly, that is why they are dropping.

AL

I was told that it is missing some o-ring, thats why it drops down like that.