PDA

View Full Version : front roller switch

supershingler
03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
need some help

i cant get the front roller switch to compress and im getting a load board error

i went and did a sensor check but the front roller just shows released

did a search but didnt come up with and info

just used it yesterday and had no problem

i blew out around the sensors and cleaned the roller but no go

any help appreciated

kendall

Digitalwoodshop
03-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Could be a broken wire or a bad switch, or sawdust packed in a area that won't let the roller compress.

Your going to need to do a disassembly and look at the switch and with the power off measure it with a ohm meter to see if it is activating.

AL

supershingler
03-30-2009, 12:51 PM
is the switch on the keyboard side of the roller"

kendall

Jeff_Birt
03-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes it is. The exploded view parts book is great as it lets you see where parts are at in the machine.

supershingler
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
ok i pulled the front cover off the carver and checked the switch

i compressed it with a clamp and checked to see if it ohmed out which was good. i also traced the wired back to the circut board and didnt see any pinched or broken wires.

can anyone tell me what to check next?

just you pulled the clip off the circut board and tested the wired leading to the circut board that they test good also

thanks kendall

Hexe SA
03-30-2009, 08:37 PM
under the sensor menu while the side is off but keypad connected. and push the rollers up (the front roller). It should go from released to compressed. The tang that activates the switch can get easily bend by saw dust and doesn't activate. it can be bend down carefully not to break it until it activates the switch again. Had to do that with mine both the front and back roller.
Eva

supershingler
03-30-2009, 08:53 PM
ill try that it seem the switch is good
just seem funny that it started so suddenly

thanks

kendall

supershingler
03-30-2009, 09:25 PM
well got the roll switch to start working and now im getting a close cover issue. cover switch is basically new and clicks and sounds right. i dont know what is happening to my machine

kendall

b.sumner47
03-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Check where it plugs in back,good luck.Capt Barry

Digitalwoodshop
03-31-2009, 12:55 AM
You can plug the Left Switch wires in 180 degrees out. White wire to the center of the machine with the New Z Bundle.

Search for pictures of the Z Bundle old / new

Head Level can cause the switch problem too.... Place a board in machine, crank head down, move bit over to the right or left side of board and touch the board and look at the Z Numbers. Move and look again... If Left side is high it will cause it... Level the head from below, the cross shaft.

AL

OK 2 AM I am out of here..... Developing a new Fire Product.... Status Boards...

JOHNB
03-31-2009, 09:02 AM
well got the roll switch to start working and now im getting a close cover issue. cover switch is basically new and clicks and sounds right. i dont know what is happening to my machine

kendall

what did you do to get the roll switch working?

supershingler
03-31-2009, 09:49 AM
i took the front cover off and just tested it with my ohm meter and then i was just clicking it on and off and it must of started making contact again and the the close door error popped up.

i will check some more things over dinner and see what happens.

sometimes i think my machine has an attitude. if i do little carvings and such i have no problems. just when i make it work a long day it wants to take some time off afterwards lol

kendall

supershingler
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
well it looks like all errors with switches are solved

i had to take the cover switch out and blow it out and play with it a couple of times and it started to work so hopefully tomorrow at noon i can start another carving as that will be the final test

hope all is working lol

thanks for the help and suggestions

kendall

Jeff_Birt
03-31-2009, 10:04 PM
When you took the cover off you had to unplug the cover wiring harness. Did you plug it back in?