PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new update 1.34

jwhllh55
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM
The tools will not reset after using them. For example, after entering text and put out your mouse outside the carving area and click you don't get your mouse back. It will stay in Text mode. Can't draw or anything after that.
Something is wrong. Can someone tell the software guys to look into it?
Thanks,
John Hammett
Baker City, OR

PCW
03-27-2009, 03:00 PM
The tools will not reset after using them. For example, after entering text and put out your mouse outside the carving area and click you don't get your mouse back. It will stay in Text mode. Can't draw or anything after that.
Something is wrong. Can someone tell the software guys to look into it?
Thanks,
John Hammett
Baker City, OR

John

Go to Edit in designer and then to preferences and make sure reset tool bar is checked.

Jeff_Birt
03-27-2009, 03:05 PM
PCW hit it right on. You can turn on/off the reset tool bar action. The other thing to remember is that hitting the ESC (escape) key will reset all the tools as well.

jwhllh55
03-27-2009, 03:20 PM
PCW hit it right on. You can turn on/off the reset tool bar action. The other thing to remember is that hitting the ESC (escape) key will reset all the tools as well.

that was the first thing I checked and it is on. I don't understand why it will not release the mouse.. No matter what I do. But thanks anyway..
John

PCW
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
that was the first thing I checked and it is on. I don't understand why it will not release the mouse.. No matter what I do. But thanks anyway..
John

John

Try rebooting your system.

Jeff_Birt
03-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Is it only the text tool that does it? Are you using a mac or PC?

jwhllh55
03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Is it only the text tool that does it? Are you using a mac or PC?

I'm using a PC.. And it does it with the Drill mode too..

The only way to get out of it is to pick a design from the favorites and delete it after putting into the board.

Jeff_Birt
03-27-2009, 05:49 PM
It seems to work fine for me. I click on the text tool, click a spot on the board, type my text, click OK, the text appears, and the cursor is back to the pointer. I did notice that the ESC key does not reset the Text tool.

The drill tool works fine for me too. Can you provide a bit more information on what causes it to fail. Some thing like:

1) Create a new board
2) Place a patten on the board
3) Select the Text tool
4) ...

PCW
03-27-2009, 07:24 PM
John

I have also tried to duplicate your problem without any success. I am running Vista Business and using Ver 1.34. It would be helpful to state what operating system you are using as well as the configuration of your computer CPU/RAM.

I had that happen to me once when I was running Ver 1.32 but I rebooted to clear the cache and the problem stopped. I had several programs running at the time and I feel it was just a cache/memory problem.

SeaCapt97
03-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Won't let me register mine. Says there's no licenses available for my Mac. Guess I gotta call Monday. I cringe every time we "upgrade".

forqnc
03-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Won't let me register mine. Says there's no licenses available for my Mac. Guess I gotta call Monday. I cringe every time we "upgrade".

I keep seeing post with problems on registering which I have never had. Under my C:\Program Files\CarveWright there is a license.mpl file which I have backed up, any time I upgrade if it asks me to register I copy my backup file into the program folder and have never had any problems?

PCW
03-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Have you tried going to help in the designer program and down to manage license/update license?

SeaCapt97
03-29-2009, 01:53 PM
PCW thanks for the idea. I downloaded the update through Designer Help menu okay. After mounting the dmg and moving the icon into my CarveWright application file it replaced my version 1.33. I can't open my new 1.34 without first registering it. For some reason it won't run in "trial version" to get to manage files menu. Kinda chasing my tail at this point.

Yosserg
03-29-2009, 11:40 PM
The 1.34 update has an error were it will not upload thin boards (<0.125") with cutouts. This previously worked for 1.32 and is needed for working with thin boards on carriers.
Upload the attached file to flash to see the error.

jwhllh55
03-29-2009, 11:59 PM
John

I have also tried to duplicate your problem without any success. I am running Vista Business and using Ver 1.34. It would be helpful to state what operating system you are using as well as the configuration of your computer CPU/RAM.

I had that happen to me once when I was running Ver 1.32 but I rebooted to clear the cache and the problem stopped. I had several programs running at the time and I feel it was just a cache/memory problem.

Hi,
Yea, I'm using Vista Home, Cpu is Duo 2.66, Ram 4 gigs.
However, after saving the project back and bring it up again I couldn't get it to fail again. I don't understand what happen.

Meanwhile, I have another problem. When changing bits from carving to centerline, ie. 60 degree, the machine states that it can't find the right depth. The choice is to refind or continue. Each time I refind it does it's thing and comes up with the same choices. If I tell it to continue, it will try to carve the letters, but will not touch the wood. It stays about 1/16" above the wood. I don't understand why it does that...
John
If the problem happens again, I'll post what exactly happen.. Thanks.
John

Jeff_Birt
03-30-2009, 08:40 AM
that it can't find the right depth.

Does the bit touch the bit plate? Does it touch down on the board in defect free, level with the board surface area.

RMarkey
03-30-2009, 09:03 AM
If it can't find the right depth, and you originally put the 60 degree bit in at the beginning when it was first finding the bits, then it means your Z truck is slipping somehow. It's best to call tech support and let them help you further diagnose the problem.

SeaCapt97
03-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for your help guys! I called Alex this morning and he reset my account. We're all legal now. I appreciate your responses.

Bill

atauer
03-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Glad to have helped.

mtylerfl
03-30-2009, 07:39 PM
The 1.34 update has an error were it will not upload thin boards (<0.125") with cutouts. This previously worked for 1.32 and is needed for working with thin boards on carriers.
Upload the attached file to flash to see the error.

Did you try setting the tab thickness at 1/16"? I see you have them set at 1/8" which is greater than your material thickness. (Don't know if that's the problem or not.)

Yosserg
04-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Did you try setting the tab thickness at 1/16"? I see you have them set at 1/8" which is greater than your material thickness. (Don't know if that's the problem or not.)

Just double checked and the tab thickness doesn't affect it, and in 1.132 it will work with either tab thickness.

mtylerfl
04-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Just double checked and the tab thickness doesn't affect it, and in 1.132 it will work with either tab thickness.

Thanks for the additional info.

Please contact CarveWright SOFTWARE Tech Support about this issue to see if they can verify it on their end.

AWoodsmith
04-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Did the optimum setting go away with this update?