PDA

View Full Version : help editing patterns and scans

jcaravella
03-26-2009, 07:49 AM
So maybe im missing something because im new to the use of the CW and the Software but here's what i want to do.

When i add a pattern or import a scanned piece I would like to modify it as far as shape depth and everything. Is this possible? Am I not looking in the right place? Not just the outline shape but the whole thing i would like to modify.

I have a piece I scanned and want to make modifications to the pattern in the piece.

Any help and info is greatly appreciated.

TIA,
joe

Pratyeka
03-26-2009, 09:04 AM
You need to use the pattern editor.
If you have the pattern editor and would like to use a photo editing software, you can export the pattern to a .png file and edit it.

jcaravella
03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
The pattern editor is in the Designer software or is it a seperate package like centerline?

Kenm810
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
It comes with the Scanning Probe,
or you can buy it as a stand alone software from LHR
to complement CW's Designer

mtylerfl
03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Hello Joe,

If you have the scanning probe, you already have the Pattern Editor software. You have to register the probe before you will be able to use the Pattern Editor software (it's there on your computer, but totally "invisible" until you have registered.)

NOTE: If by any chance you bought the probe used, you will not be able to register - you'll have to purchase the Pattern Editor software on your own.

jcaravella
03-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I did buy the scanner new from sears, like the CW machine, there was a disc wih the scanning probe but the disc is labeled project designer and looks exactly like the disc I got with the CW machine.

I do have a tool palette thats grayed out and has the 'scallop shell' icon just like the one you click to access the patterns window to add patterns to the project but I can't seem to get it active?

Theres nothing i have found to register the scanner probe itself.

PCW
03-26-2009, 05:50 PM
In the designer program go to Help/Manage License/Activate License.

AskBud
03-26-2009, 06:35 PM
As PCW Says, "In the designer program go to Help/Manage License/Activate License."

There should be a number on the back of the CD envelope, and I don't think you even need to open the package (but it has been a long time). Just follow the Registration prompts and type in the code (include all you see, including the DOTS).
AskBud

jcaravella
03-27-2009, 05:20 AM
thanks all

PCW
03-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Also after activating the license you will need to close the designer program then restart the designer program and then you will see the pattern editor on the file menu.