PDA

View Full Version : New Designer 1.134 available

Jeff_Birt
03-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I understand that a new version of 1.134 is now available (or will be very shortly). This takes care of the PE crashing problem and few other issues that were found recently.

Please note: They did not want to hold the release up any more waiting for the phone lines in that area to be repaired. The phones are still down so you will have to email them with any questions. Or you could post here as well.

James RS
03-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Where is this upgrade available at?

Thanks,
Jim

PCW
03-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Where is this upgrade available at?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim

You may need to log in first to download. You can also go to help in the carvewrite program and click on check for updates. Dan

Here is a Link to the download (http://www.carvewright.com/update/1/134)

James RS
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks, long day opened the software and got it from there

Steven Alford
03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
As I said in another similar post, I am going to be a bit of a coward and let you guys test this thing for a week or two before I upgrade. I remember what it was like when Microsoft came out with Vista!! I learned my lesson then; wait for the final verdict!!

ironsides
03-24-2009, 11:47 PM
I understand that a new version of 1.134 is now available (or will be very shortly). This takes care of the PE crashing problem and few other issues that were found recently.

Please note: They did not want to hold the release up any more waiting for the phone lines in that area to be repaired. The phones are still down so you will have to email them with any questions. Or you could post here as well.

I just loaded Ver 1.134 on my computer and checked it out. So for no problems. I works great!!!:):)

Now I can get back to work.

Ironsides

jimsorrow
03-25-2009, 02:16 PM
1.134 fixed pattern editor in my Vista 64 Gateway computer.

Jeff_Birt
03-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Have you tried using the eraser feature

As as been stated numerous times already. You need to set the erase level. Erase will erase down to any level you choose including all the way gone (Level = 0).

The File menu has changed a bit. You can't do a File->Load for an image type, You need to use the File->Import.

James RS
03-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Jeff,
Question for ya, I read this in the software update text file:

25 Feb 2009 -- Differences between versions 1.133 and 1.132
* Added support for CarveWright Racing: Dragster Series (additional license required)

Does this mean you can get this software to import an stl file format by purchasing the license?

Thanks,
Jim

ironsides
03-25-2009, 06:12 PM
As as been stated numerous times already. You need to set the erase level. Erase will erase down to any level you choose including all the way gone (Level = 0).

The File menu has changed a bit. You can't do a File->Load for an image type, You need to use the File->Import.

As Jeff_Birt has stated, the level must be set to "0" for a full background erase.
This is a great feature, actualy, because it lets you erase to any level/height you desire. You can also "Paint" at any level in the same manner.

Also know that by using the "magic wand" you can capture certain colors/levels and then "Raise/Lower" them by using the "Raise/Lower" icon.
The PE is a powerfull tool if you just experiment with it for a while.

Ironsides :)

sk8nmike
04-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi Jeff,
Question for ya, I read this in the software update text file:

25 Feb 2009 -- Differences between versions 1.133 and 1.132
* Added support for CarveWright Racing: Dragster Series (additional license required)

Does this mean you can get this software to import an stl file format by purchasing the license?

Thanks,
Jim

Any one have a comment on this question? I too would like to know what the Dragster Series is.

AskBud
04-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Any one have a comment on this question? I too would like to know what the Dragster Series is.

It's in the Education Section.
Watch the video on the right of this link.
AskBud
http://carvewright.com/education/educarve/EduCarveSite_racing.htm

Jeff_Birt
04-21-2009, 10:19 AM
The STL import is still in testing. I don't know when it will be available yet.

sk8nmike
04-21-2009, 10:45 AM
The STL import is still in testing. I don't know when it will be available yet.

I called the local dealer for pricing, waiting on his responce. But looks like this could be used for more than dragster carving.. And the STL import alone will be great. I have 200+ STL patterns that I'm slowly converting to PNG format.

James RS
04-21-2009, 02:28 PM
It's only available to educators at this point, This is what I was told by CW which I think is completely unfair

AskBud
04-21-2009, 03:25 PM
It's only available to educators at this point, This is what I was told by CW which I think is completely unfair

Perhaps "Home School" status would apply.
AskBud

jcorder
04-21-2009, 06:53 PM
1.134 has been a great piece of software! It solved my revving problems I had in carve mode, the machine runs smooth and quiet! GREAT JOB SOFTWARE GUYS!!

Jeff