PDA

View Full Version : Scanner probe to jack or not to jack?

jcaravella
03-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Ok so i have the arvewright and purchased the scanner probe and was excited to get it going but...

I attached the scanner probe according to instructions and then was instructed to plub the mini plug into the jack on the right side of the z-truck. Well there is a hole there but no jack to plug it into.

Looking over the instruction DV of the carvewright itself i do not see a jack on the z-truck just the same hole my machine has.

Anyone know whats up with that? Or how to go about the scanning... a little leary to just go and use the probe until i figure this out.

Thanks,
joe

AskBud
03-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Ok so i have the arvewright and purchased the scanner probe and was excited to get it going but...

I attached the scanner probe according to instructions and then was instructed to plub the mini plug into the jack on the right side of the z-truck. Well there is a hole there but no jack to plug it into.

Looking over the instruction DV of the carvewright itself i do not see a jack on the z-truck just the same hole my machine has.

Anyone know whats up with that? Or how to go about the scanning... a little leary to just go and use the probe until i figure this out.

Thanks,
joe
The Probe should have came with an extra cord. The have changed the location, and shape of the jack. The "Mini" plug connects the the new cord, and then the "Flat" plug uses the jack that is inside the head & cover, on the Key-pad side. It is in the recessed area just beside the left hand post.
AskBud

jcaravella
03-23-2009, 02:33 PM
It did not come with the extra cable I do see where the flat connector is on the carvewright. Problem is the probe was purchased about 3 months ago and it may be too late to say it wasnt complete... if i get no where is there a place to purchase the adapter cord?

AskBud
03-23-2009, 02:40 PM
It did not come with the extra cable I do see where the flat connector is on the carvewright. Problem is the probe was purchased about 3 months ago and it may be too late to say it wasnt complete... if i get no where is there a place to purchase the adapter cord?

The cord should have been in the box, under the black case. If not contact LHR, or the place where you bought it, and have it sent to you.
AskBud

jcaravella
03-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Well both items were purchased at sears and they say they know of no adapter cable that is included with the probe that they offer even though their machines are the newer models the probes they carry are the older ones.

AskBud
03-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Well both items were purchased at sears and they say they know of no adapter cable that is included with the probe that they offer even though their machines are the newer models the probes they carry are the older ones.
That is not correct!
Sear's, and everyone else, should provide the added cable. call the Repair/Parts number and have them supply the cable or a new probe (no charge).
AskBud

cnsranch
03-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Bud's right - I bought my machine in Feb '08 and the probe the same time (from LHR).

The box that the probe came in had the cable along with it.

EDIT

Maybe LHR can help - I'd call them directly if you're getting the run around from Sears.

jcaravella
04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Have to say sears was absolutely of no help with this.

THANKS to phillip at CW support! He sent me the cable free of charge!!!!

Jeff_Birt
04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
So your saying that , "Sears doesn't know Jack!" :):)

cnsranch
04-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Dude........

jcaravella
04-07-2009, 04:09 PM
All they did was read off what was ordered and what came in the box. Even though their CW has the new connection they dont sell the scanner probe with the new cable.

Of course they said i could return the probe but CW was wonderful enough to send one to me free of charge! :-) and VERY fast. that made me VERY happy.