PDA

View Full Version : Mass production help?

Carve Daddy
03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
hello guys,
I have been searching around with not much luck, as to how I can produce several carvings on one piece of wood.

This is a two part question:
1: I need to carve Front and Back ( I'm still a little confused as to how the machine will "track", so that everything lines up)
2: I would like to place several of the carvings (like 6 to 10) on one piece of wood, to minimise wood waste.

I'm not sure as to the propper technique, so all the fronts, and backs "line up".
I need to make 20 of these, and was just wondering if I could put like 10 on each piece of wood.

I hope I didnt make this sound more confusing than it is...;)
thanks for any help in advance,
Mike = Carve Daddy

Digitalwoodshop
03-23-2009, 09:32 AM
You can copy a project from one project board by using the right click, copy and open a new board and with the old project still open in the background paste on the new board. If you close the first board the paste won't work.

To align the front to the back, I place a small drill hole on key points on the front and when I flip it over it is easy to align the back. Outlining and doing a cut path works too for back alignment. Then delete the drill hole.

Remember the back side will look up side down when working on it.

AL

Carve Daddy
03-23-2009, 09:41 AM
...so, the "drill hole" is just used for designing the project, correct?
How will the machine find the correct place on the wood, once I flip it over, to cut and allign all the fronts?...I assume I will need to make a "sled" so I can "register" the work in the machine?...or am I just over thinking this too much?..;)

fwharris
03-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Mike,

What I did was, with your mpc open I set up a new board that was bigger than yours and did a select all on the front side and copy and paste to the new board. Note you will need to remove the centering in order to move them on the board. I then did the same thing on the back side.

Here are 6 quick ones. I did not do much on aligning the text on the back side.

EDIT: Al you are just to quick.

Carve Daddy
03-23-2009, 09:53 AM
WOW....you guys are fast and AWESOME! :)
...so, now all I need to figure out is: Will the machine automaticaly "register" and start cutting the fronts to match the backs, once I flip the wood?...or is this something I need to do manually?
Thanx again for all the help & quick responces...

ohh, and fwharris...your signatures are kik azz...LOL...I love them!

mtylerfl
03-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Hello Mike,

As long as you have lined up the front/back design properly, the two side carve will register perfectly at the machine. I do it all the time - nuttin' to it, really.

Sometimes using attachments and using the snap to grid function helps to line things up during the design process. I just use whatever method works best for the project at hand.

fwharris
03-23-2009, 09:59 AM
WOW....you guys are fast and AWESOME! :)
...so, now all I need to figure out is: Will the machine automaticaly "register" and start cutting the fronts to match the backs, once I flip the wood?...or is this something I need to do manually?
Thanx again for all the help & quick responces...

After you get things all aligned the way you want it on the front and back uploade to the card.

At the machine it will do the back side carve first and then have you flip/rotate the board over side to side (like it does in desginer) to do the front side. Just make sure your board is nice and square on all 4 sides.

EDIT: Michael beat me to it...

The machine will do it just like you have it layed out in designer.

Carve Daddy
03-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks again guys....I love this machine more & more every time I get on this forum...;) ....now, I just need to start letin' the chips fly....

Deolman
03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Don't forget to check the head pressure before you start. Proper head pressure will insure proper board movement and placement.

ajk
03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
i need help really bad. i was working in this plan for weeks. but when we produce the proyect dont come good. we are making an onlay for the bed. the las one i make 14_8-0.75. height 900. came better but what i want is an onlay of 1/2 inch. attached the picture. i dont know how to trnsfer a plan i try but came to big. please help. this onlay is for our bed

James RS
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
i need help really bad. i was working in this plan for weeks. but when we produce the proyect dont come good. we are making an onlay for the bed. the las one i make 14_8-0.75. height 900. came better but what i want is an onlay of 1/2 inch. attached the picture. i dont know how to trnsfer a plan i try but came to big. please help. this onlay is for our bed

If I'm thinking about this correctly, you want a 1/2 inch carving in height and you are using a 3/4 inch thick board now. Or was the carving depth 3/4 ( .75)

AskBud
03-23-2009, 05:30 PM

Try saving your design to MY DOCUMENTS, it will be an "MPC" type file.
Once that is done, Right Click the file and "Zip" it.
It will have the same file name but with ".ZIP".
You should be able to attach that Zip file to your post.
AskBud

ajk
03-24-2009, 04:23 AM
The Board Is 0.75 . I Also Divided The Pattern In 3 But I CARVE One AnD The Machine AT THE End Dont Want To Cut. IS HOT IN PUERTO RICO BUT I THINK THAT IS MY BRAIN. BUT I KNEW FOR A LONG TIME THAT LEARN TAKES TIME.::roll: I ZIP BUT IS BIG AND I CAN NOT ATTACHED

THANKS

ajk
03-25-2009, 03:30 PM
please see if anyone can give me ideas

James RS
03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Try posting your file here http://rapidshare.com/

I just did this one as a test http://rapidshare.com/files/213502250/811.mpc.html

cnsranch
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
ajk

Check your private messages.