PDA

View Full Version : Another fishing pattern

jpaluck
03-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Here is another fishing model...based this one off one i did by hand carving..the model came out way better...LOL..so much easier to carve with digital clay than wood. Make a mistake just go back a few redo's..LOL

Getting time to stop making fly fishing models and tying flies and time to wet a line.

John

fwharris
03-22-2009, 06:36 PM
John,

Another nice one! Looks like I need to make a visit to carvemore!

Yes, the arm is aching to get to the water side. Problem is now the orders for carving are coming in. Where were they when it was cold out and no open water!

fwharris
04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Just carved this last night in pine and put a coat of cherry stain on this morning. Still making up my mind on the painting detail.

I carved this on optimal, just over 4 hours carve time. Very minimal clean up was needed.

More pictures on my photo gallery site @ http://photos.ringneckblues.com/

b.sumner47
04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Real nice work. A man after my heart with the fish.Really good web- site.I will make it a point to drop in again. Thank ,Capt Barry

mtylerfl
04-10-2009, 05:09 PM
That came out really great! I like the cherry wood shade. Always hard to decide about painting or leaving alone, isn't it? Either way, it will look super!

Digitalwoodshop
04-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Excellent work !!!!!

AL

blantz
04-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Thought I would share my fly fishing pattern with you all, Ha! Ha!

RayTrek
04-11-2009, 09:38 AM
John Your patterns are getting better and better Love seeing your projects and look forward to doing some of them also thank you for the cool patterns you have in the sharing thread
FW very nice Indeed thanks for sharing the carve with us
Good day
Ray

fwharris
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Capt. Barry,

Thanks for the comments on my site, it is my armature attempt at keeping up with the WWW LOL.. I've found it easy to get hooked with John's great fishing themes he is creating!

Michael,

I was pleased also with the cherry on pine look. It is a subtle but rich look that highlights the grain. I think I have made up my mind to try staining the trout green (water based like my very first trout project) and try to limit the amount of painting. Like you said it hard to decide some times!

Ray,

Yes John is doing a great job with his patterns, you can tell that his real passion is fishing which is great for me!

Al,

thanks, my excellence is only helped by having a great subject to work with. I just let the little machine that could do it's little thing!

jpaluck
04-11-2009, 10:52 AM
thanks guys for the nice comments..and yep the passion or obession not much diff to me is fishing...LOL...have been known to fish just a little too much. Thanks again

fwharris
04-11-2009, 10:56 AM
thanks guys for the nice comments..and yep the passion or obession not much diff to me is fishing...LOL...have been known to fish just a little too much. Thanks again

John,

I did not know that one could fish too much, I do know that one can not fish enough though! LOL

jpaluck
04-11-2009, 10:57 AM
long as the lines are wet and tight

supershingler
04-11-2009, 06:00 PM
the surface of the earth is 70% water therefore a man should fish 70% of the time by my book

kendall

wasacop75
04-11-2009, 08:01 PM
and that is why i am spending the month of June at Devils Lake, ND...
school by day, fish by night. what a tough way to make a living.....

fwharris
04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Well I could not resist even though it looked real good with just the cherry stain...

b.sumner47
04-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Who ever does the painting,very nice. Capt. Barry

AWoodsmith
04-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Who ever does the painting,very nice. Capt. Barry

I have to learn to make patterns, those are great.

Ed

mtylerfl
04-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Well I could not resist even though it look real good with just the cherry stain...

WOW - gorgeous!

jpaluck
04-14-2009, 08:28 AM
love it with the color..kinda what I had in mind when I made it...looks awsome

ajk
04-14-2009, 09:08 AM
WOW - gorgeous!

just amazing, i love it. excellent..................100

cnsranch
04-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh great Obi'Wan Harris....

I know you've schooled us before, but I can't find the link.

Are those oils over the stain, or water-based paints?

Your counsel is appreciated ;)

EDIT

Found it...thanks

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10388

fwharris
04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
love it with the color..kinda what I had in mind when I made it...looks awsome

John,

I thought so! Why else would you name it Fall River Bank if you did not have the thought of colors in mind. Like I said, I just could not keep from adding the colors even though it looked great with just the stain. I carved this at 9x7 " and like the detail but I know it would be even better scaled up to a much larger size!

Everyone else, thanks for your great comments and Capt. Barry, I would be the painter!

jpaluck
04-14-2009, 09:51 AM
For me it's kinda of rush to start with an idea in digital clay and then to see something I sculpted digitly brought to the real world and finished as perfect as Floyd finishes things...very fufulling...I think we make a good team...LOL