PDA

View Full Version : Oops

wasacop75
03-19-2009, 08:54 PM
I just finished a carving of a cross and when it did the finish route around the carving, it routed some places over a 1/4 inch outside of where it was needed and in some places it went into the carving cutting away from it.

I am going to attempt to attach the mpc.

Where did i go wrong? if needed i can attempt to attach pictures.

Thanks.

newcarver
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
May have slipped on the rollers, have had that happen before. I usually scroll saw my stuff out, check your head pressure would be my guess.

AskBud
03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
My guess is that the wood was less than 14.25 (minimum for this piece) or the roller pressure changed. I'm presuming that the "Shift" was sideways, not up & down.
AskBud

TerryT
03-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Maybe the machine is as confused as I am. I don't understand your mpc. You have the cross mirrored, moved the two patterns together then applied a cut line? If you look at the pattern you can see that the cross is not symetrical and stacking one on top of the other, mirrored, causes the back most to be in a different position than the front most. I would delete one of the patterns and just work with a single patten. I don't know which one was used to make the cut line but it won't line up properly with the other one.

Dan-Woodman
03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Wasacop
Your one cutpath was .098 off center from the cross pattern.
later Daniel

wasacop75
03-20-2009, 07:28 AM
I want to thank you for all the help....
i am sure i screwed it up when i uploaded it to the machine.
i was playing around wanting to get more than one on the machine to carve at a time.

thanks.