PDA

View Full Version : Aspire Modeling Software

mtylerfl
03-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Hello,

For anyone seriously interested in creating their own high-quality dimensional patterns for their CarveWright/CompuCarve, the new Aspire version 2 Modeling software has recently been released. By popular request, the Aspire software developers added a greyscale export feature in this latest version especially for CarveWright/CompuCarve users so they could make their own patterns from the models they create in Aspire!

It works very similarly to ArtCAM which costs up to $10,000 plus. Aspire is $1995...a fraction of the cost of ArtCAM.

You can visit the developer's website if you want more information.
http://www.vectric.com/

(FYI, at CarveBuddy, we use both ArtCAM and Aspire.)

atauer
03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Mike,

I tried the trial version of the Aspire software and really enjoyed how easily I was able to use the program. Just an FYI, I have a very limited knowledge of CAM/CAD software, so I was very surprised at how easy this program is to use. I have tried others (Rhino) and was turned off by the software.

If I had the money, I would definitely get the Aspire software.

mtylerfl
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Alex,

Yes, I agree that it is very easy to use and the video tutorials included are top notch! I believe all of them are done by James Booth (Vector Art 3D)- a very highly respected modeler and teacher.

There is a new brief video that relates directly to exporting a grayscale specifically for the CarveWright pattern creation and can be downloaded from http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/aspire/whats_new/aspire_v2/whats_new_videos.htm

The video is under the heading
3D Modeling & 3D Toolpath Enhancements - 18 minute video

Exporting 3D Model and a grayscale image file
Slicing 3D Models
Adding 3D fluting toolpaths
Creating a component from the 3D preview model

atauer
03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Checked it out. Great video loaded with extremely useful information.

One of these days, I will be able to afford that software...

STEAM
03-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Hello,

It works very similarly to ArtCAM which costs up to $10,000 plus. Aspire is $1995...a fraction of the cost of ArtCAM.

(FYI, at CarveBuddy, we use both ArtCAM and Aspire.)

OK...Now we know who has the deep pockets around here!!;);)

mtylerfl
03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
OK...Now we know who has the deep pockets around here!!;);)

Not anymore!;)

eromran
03-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Money would definitely be a consideration between the two. That is a big gap but if your not talking money is one that much better than the other or easier to use or have a great feature the other does not?

mtylerfl
03-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Money would definitely be a consideration between the two. That is a big gap but if your not talking money is one that much better than the other or easier to use or have a great feature the other does not?

Ed, for our purposes, Aspire will meet every need that at least I can think of! It is a tremendous value.

EDIT: I shouldn't even say "for our purposes"...the software is fully capable for commercial machine applications as well!

liquidguitars
03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
I think that this software is over kill for the Carvewright export plugin.

Export 3D model as a Bitmap image for use with CarveWright, CompuCarve and Laser machines.
Plus all of the new functionality in VCarve Pro 5

3D model Slicing allowing large / thick models to machined from multiple sheets of thinner material.

to be able to cut up your work sounds nice.. Has anyone tested this for the CW?

Also I do not see any 3D modeling tools in Aspire not sure how helpfull this progam is for the Carvewright except for a translator.

LG

roughcut
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
With my limited expertese CarveWright's designer package and the scanning probe is more than satisfactory for all the carving I'll ever do. I think designer is a great program for the money...