PDA

View Full Version : Decorated legs

Woodpecker
03-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Ok, using the segment tool and the spline tool along with the connected lines tool I can get a decorative leg for one of those mandatory wife projects. The pattern comes out the cut seems to be correct, the only thing is how do I rout the project edge for a decorative finish on the legs of a piano stool? When I try to rout the edge, it wan'ts to rout the edge of my primary board and not the pattern. I am using two 1/2" pieces on the same board intending to cut 4 duplicates then glue them together for 1" thick oak legs. This is 17" high or long. When I figure out how to use the URL photos may be atached? Wow! this is almost as much fun as a 57 Chevy at a drive in theater and a 6 pack of Colt 45 malt liquor with ____. ??? Now it's wine, a lot of time and CW. Is that Carve Widow?
Woodpecker

AskBud
03-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Ok, using the segment tool and the spline tool along with the connected lines tool I can get a decorative leg for one of those mandatory wife projects. The pattern comes out the cut seems to be correct, the only thing is how do I rout the project edge for a decorative finish on the legs of a piano stool? When I try to rout the edge, it wan'ts to rout the edge of my primary board and not the pattern. I am using two 1/2" pieces on the same board intending to cut 4 duplicates then glue them together for 1" thick oak legs. This is 17" high or long. When I figure out how to use the URL photos may be atached? Wow! this is almost as much fun as a 57 Chevy at a drive in theater and a 6 pack of Colt 45 malt liquor with ____. ??? Now it's wine, a lot of time and CW. Is that Carve Widow?
Woodpecker

The "Edge" selection is for the actual board (as you have found). You need to work with the "Outline" Icon. However, be very careful how and what you apply the cutter.
AskBud