PDA

View Full Version : Litho Advice

MCGEE2SKINNER
03-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi Experts
Can one of you experts look at this and tell me what I am doing wrong. It look ok to me here but when I carve it I think it looks bad. If anyone would know it would be you guys. Its a friends grandfather.

Thanks
JIM

eromran
03-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi Experts
Can one of you experts look at this and tell me what I am doing wrong. It look ok to me here but when I carve it I think it looks bad. If anyone would know it would be you guys. Its a friends grandfather.

Thanks
JIMNo expert but are you carving this in wood or corian if corian it looks like you need to invert it also i don't know that i would have got rid of all the background noise that way your friends grandfather picture will stand out rather than the background surrounding him. Keep in mind you want the lighter parts of picture to be carved deeper than the dark so light can shine through.

sweliver
03-18-2009, 10:21 AM
It would be helpful to see the photo to judge light and dark. As eromran stated, is this in corian?

I inverted your pattern in my attached mpc. look at the settings.

sw

MCGEE2SKINNER
03-18-2009, 12:07 PM
HI
This is the picture I started with

JIM

cnsranch
03-18-2009, 12:46 PM
That one may be tough because of the fading around his face. It'll need quite of photo editing to get rid of that before doing a litho.

MCGEE2SKINNER
03-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks Guys
I started all over and brought the picture into pattern editor. I didn't do a thing to it. Saved it carved it out and it came out great. Now all I have to do is make a light box for it. Thanks again

JIM

mgnagy
03-18-2009, 05:26 PM
A quick tip: Higher Resolution images will result in clearer carvings ;)