PDA

View Full Version : Gun Rack

SteveEJ
03-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks to the Tips and Tricks section, I designed this back board for a Gun Rack. It is being designed to show off 'The Great Plains Rifle' that I also am finishing. I'll design the hooks next but wanted to get some feedback/suggestions from the Craftsmen here.. Thanks for the Tips! I need new glasses from all of the reading. I'll post pictures after it is carved.

Steve

BTW.. I wish there was a good project picture export feature in the software.

cnsranch
03-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Nice work, Steve -

If only you had some deer hooves, or antlers to make the hooks.

Re photo software, check out Irfanview as well as MW Snap.

There is a tutorial on Irfanview somewhere here on the Forum I downloaded and keep for reference. Unfortunately, I can't remember who posted it - it really helped me.

www.irfanview.com

SteveEJ
03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks Jerry, Will do.

Steve
EDIT:
What I need is a good way for the Designer software to export a design to a picture file. I used the Vista screen copy to the clip board then pasted it in paint and cropped the area I wanted, pasted that to a new picture then saved it. Designer need to have the ability to save the project to a picture file. Feature request I guess.

cnsranch
03-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Jerry, Will do.

Steve
EDIT:
What I need is a good way for the Designer software to export a design to a picture file.

MW Snap will do that - With Designer open, open MW, it'll allow you to snap a pic of an area on your desktop (that's why Designer needs to be open). By snapping an "area", the cropping has already been done. Save the snapped pic as a jpeg, you're good to go. Works pretty seamlessly.

forqnc
03-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Steve check out my signature for posting pictures.
Good Luck.

DocWheeler
03-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Steve,

Check out the "Snipping" tool under accessories in Vista.

It lets you crop an area of the screen and lets you save it to your PC as a file-type you specify. Almost as handy as King Kong Capture!

SteveEJ
03-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks Doc..

Steve

dsw3
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM
If you do get a pattern for the gun rack holders please share the project looks great im also in west tenn