PDA

View Full Version : Thank-you BJ Bethke

Carving Hodag
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
We had a Winter Carnival at our local ski hill and I said I would make plaques for the winners of the events. Unfortunately my Compucarve had to go to Sears for repair and was told it would be done with 10 days to get them all finished, then I got a call saying it wouldn't be done till after the Carnival, so I ask for help to finish them though this forum and from 100's of miles away BJ helped me out and finished them in plenty of time.
I told everybody what happened and how BJ helped us out, they were very impressed, as was I, with the way he jumped in and saved the day.
Attached is a picture of most of the winners and their plaques, Some of the High School Ski Team and their families had to leave before awards were handed out.
Thank-you again BJ Bethke

mtylerfl
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I really enjoy reading posts like yours - it's all about helping others - that's where the real fun of life is! Cheers to BJ!

bjbethke
03-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Your welcome, Mark, I was happy to do them for you, looks like it made the kids happy too. BJB

Carving Hodag
03-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Meant to add these in first post. Oh well
Got Compucarve back, won't work properly.(z axis stall when measuring board height with bit). Now it has to go back, so I still can't have any fun for a few more weeks. I can't win. First extended warranty I've ever bought. Let alone used.

mtylerfl
03-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Meant to add these in first post. Oh well
Got Compucarve back, won't work properly.(z axis stall when measuring board height with bit). Now it has to go back, so I still can't have any fun for a few more weeks. I can't win. First extended warranty I've ever bought. Let alone used.

Nice work on the plaques! Sorry to hear your machine is going to be MIA for a little while. Looking forward to seeing your future projects, though!

HelpBot3000
03-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Plaques look great! Fantastic story too! BJB, you're a heck of a guy and those kids are lucky to have a friend like you.

Old Salt
03-17-2009, 05:41 PM
B J thanks for your good work!

The fun of this work is to see others injoy it to! ;)

bjbethke
03-17-2009, 05:57 PM
B J thanks for your good work!

The fun of this work is to see others injoy it to! ;)
I only carve the 7 that were made in walnut, Mark did the ones in oak, Mark's MPC's.