PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Text

wconaway
03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
I am making six vertical columns for a bookcase for a school. It is very easy to carve the text for the first column (21"x3.5"x3.5"). However, I noticed that the text in the layout almost took up the entire 21" in the layout. The actual carving was under 15". There is no WYSIWYG. I did several test cuts and measurements and it is proportional.

I believe this is because when you enter a text character and hit carriage return, etc.....you have a vertical string of letters that have vertical (newline) spacing vice between letter spacing.

Example: TEST
T
E
S
T

Where the major problem is, the carving of six column with letters which are the same size. In a standard wood processing software, a text character would have a point size, e.g., 10 pt, 26 pt. However, in the Carvewright software the only size shown is the "text area". When you make the text area larger or smaller, the text size changes.

Has anyone made several vertical signs and found out a trick to keeping the lettering the size size both in width and height.

locovalley
03-16-2009, 01:06 PM
When I want to keep text the same size I use the grid lines. Go to "veiw" and toggle the grid lines to on and adjust the size of the grid to whatever you need.

Joe