PDA

View Full Version : Flex shaft hitting top of cover...

TWOATLOW8
03-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey guys and gals

I got a question. I just replaced my Z-truck and since i did, I put around 50 hrs on it ran great. Since the top bearing on the right side (away from the key pad) is loose, tried to adjust it but no luck. I get to the point where it should hit and be tight but it still loose. Only on the top (bad bearing ??)...or could it be the little steel bars are worn ?

Since this all has happened it seams that the flex shaft hits the top cover like its loose in the top collar....only away from the keypad...

Seams very loose where the flex shaft goes into the top hat..

Any body have any ideas ?
Anyone else see these problems.

mtylerfl
03-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Hello Twoatlow8,

Call Tech Support so they can help guide you in the bearing adjustment procedure. There is a PDF that gives instruction as well in the Troubleshooting section of the forum. Don't run the machine until the bearing adjustment situation is resolved.;)

TWOATLOW8
03-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Found my PDf and got it straightened out put it all back together and now i get a z-axis error 248. Nothing is really tight, it all seams to go nice and smooth. The pug did com eout of the back of the Z but pugged it back in and it moved. but only to home and then it dropped down to the piece of wood...had to hit stop...

mtylerfl
03-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Is the flex shaft still bumping the slot in the top? That could cause the Z error...

Maybe Tech Support can help you with some other things to check if that's not the problem.

TWOATLOW8
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I called LHR and he helped maybe the FSC cable got cought in the assembly and may get a new one.

HelpBot3000
03-17-2009, 04:27 PM
They way you described it on the phone, if I had to put money on it I would go with the FFC cable. Just gimmie a call in the morning and we'll get that and everything else you wanted taken care of.

Barry