PDA

View Full Version : what happened

skeeterman
03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
I went thru the tips and tricks tutorial on pic. frames, did everything by the tutorial, only thing i changed was what was being carved in frame. the actual sizes that were in tutorial are same , here are results

skeeterman
03-15-2009, 05:57 PM
wont let me post mpc says invalid file.

liquidguitars
03-15-2009, 06:38 PM
looks like the board moved a little under the belts..

I would check the table pressure

LG

DocWheeler
03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
skeeterman,

Perhaps you flipped end-for-end instead of top-to-bottom.

Just a thought.

dragoncarver
03-15-2009, 08:25 PM
check in designer to make sure they are lined up it is best to center both front and back to insure they are lined up

skeeterman
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
well i am going to try again in morning, I redid mpc and did as said in tips and tricks, we will see the outcome, I know i flipped it from top to bottom, it could have slipped while carving? the reason the inside did notget cut down was that i may not have called it a carve region, but at least i thought i did.. here is a newly redone mpc , if you see any faults, let me know please before i carve
steve

mtylerfl
03-15-2009, 10:55 PM
well i am going to try again in morning, I redid mpc and did as said in tips and tricks, we will see the outcome, I know i flipped it from top to bottom, it could have slipped while carving? the reason the inside did notget cut down was that i may not have called it a carve region, but at least i thought i did.. here is a newly redone mpc , if you see any faults, let me know please before i carve
steve

Hello Steve,

I gave your mpc a quick peek, and it looks fine to me. I really like your design, in fact!

Based on your photos, I'm going to guess that on your first try that the board might not have been placed evenly against the left guide plate and/or the sliding plate was too tight against the board leading to tracking errors due to board binding. Another possible cause is that the board did not have the added 7" to the length, but I think you probably already know better not to run a project without that extra material on the ends to keep it under the rollers (your first pic shows some extra material).;)

Please let us know how your second attempt goes. I think you'll be alright!

EDIT: I just thought of something else - if the brass roller /O-ring slipped under the board during the run, THAT would certainly account for the tracking errors! Try AL's (Digitalwoodshop) suggestion of putting a strip of masking tape along the bottom edge that rides over the roller.

skeeterman
03-16-2009, 08:47 AM
appreciate the help . somthing came up and cant do project for now, will update as soon as i can, thanks all
steve

dragoncarver
03-16-2009, 08:42 PM
if you do not have the center "cut path" with tabs it will bind when it gets to the end

mtylerfl
03-16-2009, 10:58 PM
if you do not have the center "cut path" with tabs it will bind when it gets to the end

I think he's OK there - the cutouts do have the cut path function assigned to them (i.e., tabs will automatically be created).

skeeterman
03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Ok got project done and it came out great here is pic.
what is best way to finish cedar ? I just rubbed in tongue oil on this.

mtylerfl
03-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Excellent, Skeeterman! The Tung Oil looks great on your project!