PDA

View Full Version : No option to stay under rollers.

bowfingers
03-14-2009, 07:59 PM
No option to stay under rollers.
I went to carve this frame for a lithopane I used the connect the lines tool for the carve area and used the 3/8 bit to cut a ¼ inch deep line. I then used a cut path with the 1/8 inch cutting bit to cut out the center. When I loaded the board I had no option to stay under rollers I used the place on corner option I did not want to use the center pattern on the board option. I managed to cut out the piece by putting a roller on the end to keep the board from falling and breaking my bit. I tried three times to set it up but I never had the stay under rollers option. I did assign the bits for the cut outs could this be the reason or not having the option to stay under rollers?

Digitalwoodshop
03-15-2009, 12:08 PM
When you get the place on corner option it is because it measured the Width as too big I believe. You might need to measure the exact width of the sled and input that as your board width and adjust your pattern on the board in designer to reflect where the carve area is.

If length is too short it might ask you to scale the project and place on corner.

AL

bowfingers
03-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I did not use a sled for this frame and the board was about 3 feet long, but the board was about ½ inch wider than my project I never would have thought about that. Next time I will try a board the same size as the project.
Thanks!