PDA

View Full Version : Error message

rmiller2
03-14-2009, 12:35 PM
When the software says "cut-troughs on the top edge will not be completed in order to avoid..."

Does this mean they will not be don at all or that they will not be done completely?

ChrisAlb
03-14-2009, 12:47 PM
It means any cut throughs within 3/8" of the top of the board (keypad side of the machine) won't be cut all the way through to avoid hitting the brass X-tracking wheel.

The rest of the path will be cut through normally.

weezimp
03-14-2009, 01:20 PM
I just recently tried a project which had cuts from top to bottom of the project. I got that warning, and the machine did not do those cuts at all.

ChrisAlb
03-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I just recently tried a project which had cuts from top to bottom of the project. I got that warning, and the machine did not do those cuts at all.

Something has to be up. Can you post the MPC? I never have any trouble cutting all the way across. Just won't cut that 3/8 area all the way through.

rmiller2
03-14-2009, 01:36 PM
so, depending on the situation it could be either?

Any work arounds?

ChrisAlb
03-14-2009, 01:53 PM
I've never had a situation where it "didn't cut the path at all" as weezimp mentions. So I'm not sure what type of setup it might have been. That's why I asked weezimp for the MPC.

I've had cut outs in just about every situation and configuration I can think of and they always worked fine. I just had to finish any that came within 3/8" of the top.

rmiller2
03-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Here is the cut the machine is having a problem with
http://home.comcast.net/~rjwmiller/pwpimages/board23.png

ChrisAlb
03-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Well, I don't know what the actual dimensions are but, the one on the bottom of the board (opposite the keypad) should cut through no problem.

The one on the Top (Keypad side) will cut, but only cut "all the way through" on any parts that are further than 3/8" away from the edge.

There are no workarounds because if it cut all the way through any closer than 3/8" to edge, it would cut the brass wheel (X-Tracking sensor).

Whenever I have cuts that close (3/8" or closer) to the edge, it cuts all but about a light 1/8" from the bottom of the board.

rmiller2
03-14-2009, 02:40 PM
That explains it Chris!

Thank you, thank you!

ChrisAlb
03-14-2009, 02:42 PM
You're welcome and Happy carving! http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.gif