PDA

View Full Version : Fonts in CenterLine

chebytrk
03-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I went on line and downloaded more windows fonts to my PC (XP). I think I did this right as I extracted the .ttf's to Windows\fonts folder. I then rebooted my PC and opened up Designer again. However, I can't see the fonts that I downloaded. Do I need to put these fonts somewhere else so I can see them in Designer? Help is appreciated! Thanks,JerryB

GrammaPam
03-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Have you downloaded fonts successfully previously? You do have to open your fonts file in Control Panel (I don't assume anything) Any given program won't necessarily read every font and even when it does it may not read some of the characters, especially punctuation. Write back, centerline is really great.
G.P.

Digitalwoodshop
03-14-2009, 11:36 AM
You will need to open your windows font folder and import each new font.

AL

GrammaPam
03-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Sometimes fonts have extentions before (that's an oximoron) the name of the font (like CAC) so you could just be looking in the wrong place on the list.
G.P.

chebytrk
03-14-2009, 12:12 PM
I just checked in Control Panel and in the Fonts folder and the fonts that I just saved are in there (ie.. american dream). I then go in to Designer and look for it there and it's not there. I just thought that the fonts in Windows would automatically be view in Designer. Do I need to import the fonts in to Designer some how? Thanks

chebytrk
03-14-2009, 12:15 PM
My BAD !! I just checked designer and found the font. What I did was go in to Control Panel, clicked on Fonts folder, then clicked on the new font that I had downloaded. There was a button "DONE" when I opened the font in the folder. That must have done it casue when I opened Designer....... there it was! ha I'm a genius! Sorry guys, still learning all this stuff. Please have patience with me.... I'll get there one day.

HighTechOkie
03-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Windows has a strange way of handling fonts. The easiest solution is to save fonts in a separate folder and then drag them all at one time into the \Windows\Fonts folder. Windows will then automatically add them as usable.

Rob