PDA

View Full Version : no power!

Carve Daddy
03-13-2009, 08:31 PM
My CarveWright just came today, after a long anxious wait.....
I open the box to remove it, and there was sawdust all over it...I'm hoping it was from a factory test run.....however, as I read thru the owners manual and begin to set up the machine, I HAVE NO POWER!!!!:roll:
and yes....its plugged in, memorycard is in it, safty lid is down pattern is ready to be cut...
I have no idea as to what the problem is, but I'm just a little short comming of getting a tad pizzed, that $2,300 (probe too) and it wont even turn on...

any help in advance would be great,
Thanks, Carve Daddy

mtylerfl
03-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Hello,

Where was the machine purchased? I would contact the seller immediately to inquire about the problem.

MAX COX
03-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Is The Card Blank Or Do You Have A Project On It?

Carve Daddy
03-13-2009, 08:44 PM
I ordered it new from Amazon.com, and yes there is a pattern on the card ready to use....thanks again for the fast replys....

Carve Daddy
03-13-2009, 08:47 PM
I also remember reading somewhere about running on an extention cord...
could it be it is not getting enuff powere to it?

PCW
03-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I also remember reading somewhere about running on an extention cord...
could it be it is not getting enuff powere to it?

Check the contrast adjustment on the Carvewrite machines LCD/keypad to see if it needs adjustment. Dan

newt55
03-14-2009, 02:13 AM
When I got my machine, it had the same problem after just 2 uses. It was a bad electronics board, that they promptly replaced. That was 2 years ago, and they have changed that board since thin.

Jeff_Birt
03-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear that your having problems, that really stinks on a new piece of equipment. Sometimes the delivery companies are pretty rough with stuff and things can get shook loose in shipment. One quick check is to turn the power on, raise the clear cover and try to move the Y-truck by hand. If it moves with very little resistance then you have no power. If it feels stiff then you have part of the power supply working.

CW has a limited technical staff working today, they start at 9:00 Central time, give them a call and they can help you out.

Oh, another quick check is to unplug the machine, lay it on its side, remove the 12 or so screws holding the bottom cover on and make sure the wires are are sill attached to the power switch.

While you waiting to talk to CW be sure to go over to the main website and look under the support tab. Download all the Tips&Tricks issues and run through all the tutorials and watch the video. It's all good stuff that will give you a head start and let you avoid common newbie mistakes.

Carve Daddy
03-15-2009, 10:06 AM
thanks again guys.....I called Amazon.com, and no questions asked!..."we will send you a new machine Monday"...so, I will get to sling some wood chips soon. :D
Looking forward to hanging with you guys here...I see there are lots of good things going on in this forum.
Mike = Carve Daddy

cree
03-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Hello Guys!

I seem to have the same problem with the power...I did recieved a new power board and a motor electronic board. I install it! Then I got a message saying "Power fluctuation, please press enter to continue"....then the whole thing shut down.

I bought the machine 3-4 weeks ago and out of that, the machine worked one week. That's it.

I starting to wonder if my maching is seriously defective.:confused: