PDA

View Full Version : BUG - Constraint Attachment Shifting

Yosserg
03-13-2009, 04:00 PM
In certain cases the attachment point for a constraint will jump to the other side when changing the values of the constraint.
In the example change the 1.5" constraint from the edge to the center to 2" and the attachment point for the constraint will jump to the opposite side of the square and only move the square 0.25" instead of the intended 0.5"
This bug seems to be more common in high aspect ratio squares.

Using vers. 1.132

DocWheeler
03-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Yosserg,

Interesting, I normally attach the corners rather than the line-centers, maybe that is the reason! I removed your attachment and used the top-right corner and it moved as expected.

Something to remember!

Yosserg
03-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Yosserg,

Interesting, I normally attach the corners rather than the line-centers, maybe that is the reason! I removed your attachment and used the top-right corner and it moved as expected.

Something to remember!

Doc thanks for the work around for the bug though from your reaction it seems you confirmed the bug still exists.

This is just one of the more easily repeatable errors in the designer that I have seen. Many times it will incorrectly claim to be over constrained, resize shapes when it should move them, or move shapes when it should resize them. (When I have the time I'll try to get some examples up, or others can.)

There are underlying issues with the designer that need to be corrected and hopefully providing the programmers with repeatable error will allow them to find and fix them.