PDA

View Full Version : Bit Selection Menu?

patriotismlive
03-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I've read some prior threads about viewing the carving list, right clicking for bit selection. Cannot find this option. I have a piece that simply needs a rectangle routed out to .25 depth--the default bit says it will take nearly two hours for a 3.5 x 12" space. I would like to select a different bit to see how it effects the approx. time, but cannot locate that menu. Anyone know where to find it?:confused:

cnsranch
03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
It depends on how you're setting up the carve. If you're looking to carve out a complete area .25" deep by creating a carve region, the bit used is the 1/16" carving bit - no other choices.

If you're trying to carve a rectangle where the only area being carved is the perimiter .25" deep, you can use the connected lines tool, create your rectangle, select the bit, and choose the depth you want.

patriotismlive
03-11-2009, 12:50 PM
OK, that makes sense. Still would like to find the bit selection menu for future reference...any ideas?

cnsranch
03-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Right click on the carving item on the left, click on select bit, this will show...

Or, you'll see the bit icon on the toolbar - click on it. If it's not on your toolbar, customize the toolbar like you do in other programs. If it's there, but greyed out, you can't use that tool for that function.

blantz
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Patroitismlive,

How about a visual reference to select bit. Two pictures attached, hope this helps. You can select bits on vector lines. Right click on vector line and that brings up a box with several options.

AskBud
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Patroitismlive,

How about a visual reference to select bit. Two pictures attached, hope this helps. You can select bits on vector lines. Right click on vector line and that brings up a box with several options.

Just in case you or anyone else does not know, the Profile bits are under the other tab. They may be selected as well.
AskBud

signguydon
03-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Bud, I see the profile tab but I nothing i do applies to it, What is this tab and how do i make it work?

AskBud
03-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Bud, I see the profile tab but I nothing i do applies to it, What is this tab and how do i make it work?

Depending upon what you are doing, the option becomes available.

Let's say that you want to place a Profile to the edge of your board.
You click the EDGE ICON and the Bit Selection Option appears. If you have any of these "Profile" Bits, you make your selection (and set the depth(s) of cut). You may, also, change to the other TAB and select from there as well.
AskBud