PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy & what to buy?

carpuke1
03-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Ok, considering a purchase. According to the Sears reviews, their extended warranty is useless! Any comments? Are their any extended warranties available?
Everyone seems to be talking about updated software, do current machines have the latest updated software?
My brother and I a buying this machine with lots of ideas and he has worked with wood for 30 years, I have the technical skills. Anything we should look into for more info?
I also see a lot of different comments regarding the time it takes for a project, I've seen a varied response for what seems like the same type of project. I've seen as long as 6 hours quoted for a project, 6 hours to me sounds like it would take the value out of what you were doing as well as 6 staight hours of run time. Can't be good.
I don't want to be suprised after purchase, just looking for some owner insight.

How is www.macinerydistributors.com advertising it so low? Anyone done business with them?

Thank You

Carpuke1

TWOATLOW8
03-11-2009, 11:18 AM
carpuke1

I cant answer alot of your questions, i know there are a bunch of guys out here that will..
But if you located new WI i would be glad to show you what i have been doing..

cnsranch
03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Ok, considering a purchase. According to the Sears reviews, their extended warranty is useless! Any comments? Are their any extended warranties available?
Everyone seems to be talking about updated software, do current machines have the latest updated software?
My brother and I a buying this machine with lots of ideas and he has worked with wood for 30 years, I have the technical skills. Anything we should look into for more info?
I also see a lot of different comments regarding the time it takes for a project, I've seen a varied response for what seems like the same type of project. I've seen as long as 6 hours quoted for a project, 6 hours to me sounds like it would take the value out of what you were doing as well as 6 staight hours of run time. Can't be good.
I don't want to be suprised after purchase, just looking for some owner insight.

How is www.macinerydistributors.com advertising it so low? Anyone done business with them?

Thank You

Carpuke1

First, search "sears", you'll get a lot of info - my read is that they may sell you an extended warranty, but find out that they can't fix it if there's problems.

Second, you're entitled to any software updates that LHR comes out with - I can't remember if it's for 1 year or two. Beyond that, I have no idea what an update may cost.

With your and your bro's skills, you'll have the time of your life.

RE your six hour question, that 6 hour project would take you weeks by hand (if you had the skills). Folks pricing their work take the design time, carving time, wear on the machine, finishing, etc., to come up with a price for a project. It does work, but you can't expect some of these fantastic projects to be produced in an hour.

Machinery Dist. is a reputable company, but check out

www.littleredwoodshop.com

mark1945
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I bought both my Carvewrights from Machinery Distributors.com.They were good to do buisness with.had no problems whatever.
Mark

carpuke1
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for your insight

carpuke1
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks for your help

carpuke1
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Michigan, close but not close enough. Thanks

geekviking
03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
From Machinery Dist. as well, VERY good customer service, and the best price I could find. I would recommend them to anyone wishing to purchase.:cool:
The owner of littleredwoodshop.com is a member here on our forum, and I've heard nothing but compliments on his service/behalf. And he does inpart quite a bit of knowledge to us here as well, can't go wrong either way...

Lin
03-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Carpuke 1
Several members from Michigna here as well.
What area of the state do you hail from?
Lin

adriano
03-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I purchased mine from Sears, they had a great sale when I bought it. I also bought the extended warranty, actually had some problems and brought it back to Sears, they couldn't fix it so they replaced the entire unit. Basically, from what I found out, is that the extended warranty is an exchange warranty.