PDA

View Full Version : It's finally here!

Sarge43
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
My new Carvewright just came in the other night and I'm anxious to use it, but wanted to be very familiar with it before even getting it out of the box. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the instruction pamphlet that came with it. I was expecting more of a book. Is this because it is so intuitive to set up and use? The main thing I want to use it for is scanning and duplicating some very subtle depressions in wood that would take way too long to do by hand. I bought the probe, but haven't yet even taken the machine out to the shop. Is there further instruction on setup and use available elsewhere?
Thanks in advance,
Sarge (Anxious to try it in KC :mrgreen:)

Deolman
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Sarge43, you have started in the right place on your quest for knowledge. Any problems you will encounter will most likely have already been discussed on this forum. When you do a search in the forum, you may have to use quotes. Be sure to go to CarveWrights main page and go to the download section and the tips and tricks section. Here you will find plenty to download and read that will get you going on the right track. In the download section there are several manuals that will get you familiar with your machine. In the tips and tricks section you will find lots to tell you how to do it. By going to these two places, you will learn how to avoid most of the newbe mistakes.

Jeff_Birt
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Go to the main CW site, for instance: http://carvewright.com/article/show/id/41, also look under the support tab for all the Tips&Tricks, tutorials, etc.

Deolman
03-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I should have mentioned that by searching for "Videos" in the forum you will find even more help to assist you.

Sarge43
03-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks Deolman, I'm already in process on much of that and trying to pick up tips. I'll keep reading...... I wish there was a "Carvewright for dummies" book. :p
Sarge

Sarge43
03-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Ooh, just took up your suggestion of looking for videos. THAT'S going to be temendously helpful. I'm a pretty visual type person. Thank you for the tips!
Sarge

Edit - Jeff, I see you're in Rolla. Why don't I just hire you for a weekend to come to KC and tutor me on this stuff? :D

cnsranch
03-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Sarge - where are you in KC?

Also, familiarize yourself with the flexshaft lubrication process.

Steven Alford
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Speaking of videos, check out CarveWright's new online video that explains a lot about the machine

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/instructvid