PDA

View Full Version : Centerline TEST

AskBud
03-09-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm building a comprehensive test of Centerline, and Carve-areas that are 0.150 or less in depth.
Here is an 20.1 MB AVI session showing my thinking. I will do the test carve Tuesday or Wednesday (3/10 or 11/2009. I will post my finding after the test.

This does not negate our request for LHR to develop the true ability to place Centerline text (of any font) in a recessed carve area as S.O.P.

here is my AVI:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Centerline%20Test.zip
AskBud

3/10/2009 10:30 DST - UPDATE
OK,
My test is complete. If you have watched the video, you know what we are after.
My test was done in some soft pine (which is what I suggest for any test carve, prior to using your "Expensive" material). My choice of Font and the use of "Bold" gave me good or fair results as low as a carve depth of .125.
This is in no way cheating the machine. If is simply fine tuning how I wish my project to appear.
Cheating would be something like having a board that, already, had the recessed area and you try to "home" the bit in that area, thus telling the unit that the wood is thinner that it thinks (that is a no-no).
You lay out the entire project as usual (Carve areas and all) and apply your Centerline where you want. The machine does its normal Bit-check(s) and will hum along without a hitch or mar.
AskBud

Final update - 2010
This suggestion was resolved with the issue of the "Conforming Vectors" packet.
AskBud