PDA

View Full Version : "New Owner's Manual"

ironsides
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
CW has relesed a new Revision to the Owner's Manual (Rev 1.39 dated 03/02/09). A quick look at it indicates that two additional pages were added in the Trouble Shooting Section covering Stuck Compression Rollers (page 54-55).

I wish they would include a revision change sheet with their manuals so that we can quickly review the changes, rather than trying to compare the new with the old.

Otherwise it's a great manual and very helpful.:)

Ironsides :)

Jeff_Birt
03-09-2009, 12:43 PM
That is a really good idea!

Steven Alford
03-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I just printed the last 201 page manual last week, you mean I have to print another one????? LOL

Good thing I am getting that cool printer, right Jeff??

Opps, just saw that you were referring to the owners manual, not the software manual, Whew!!!! Thank God. LOL

mgnagy
03-12-2009, 02:32 PM
That's a fantastic suggestion.

HelpBot3000
03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Not bad at all, I'll mention it to those who can control such things

supershingler
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM
my daughter works for copy max and she did the software manual for me yesterday

total cost was about 20.00 printed doublesided in a coil binder

she said if anyone else wanted one for that price all we would have to add is for shipping.

pm me and i could give you a phone # and you could use a credit card over the phone also

by the way the manual is great and i cant wait to get the time to read it all

thanks lhr

kendall

wasacop75
03-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Do we know what pages only need to be printed?
no sense printing the whole thing if we only need two pages.:roll:

luckettg
03-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Do we know what pages only need to be printed?
no sense printing the whole thing if we only need two pages.:roll:

There might be other edits too, buried in the text somewhere?

wasacop75
03-13-2009, 09:00 PM
then we can do like the military, write on the page that there was a change and post the change at the front of the book.. real simple real easy.
saves a tree with just printing the changes instead of the whole manual every time...

just a suggestion....

djochim
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the very good suggestion on the Operators Manual. We will implement a change sheet found in the back of the manual, which lists a summary of the change, page, and paragraph number.

Unlike many tool manuals this is a living document. Since we make additions to the manual on a weekly basis, the issue becomes how to realistically keep two separate manuals, one with the change sheet for existing customers and one for new customers (who do not need the change history).

Regardless, we will implement this suggestion for the Operators Manual and see how it goes. Thanks again for the good discussion and for helping us provide the most helpful materials possible to our users.
Regards,
CarveWright

luckettg
03-16-2009, 09:35 AM
...Since we make additions to the manual on a weekly basis, the issue becomes how to realistically keep two separate manuals, one with the change sheet for existing customers and one for new customers (who do not need the change history).
...Regards,
CarveWright
The trick is to have the change sheet in both new and old. It stays as part of a document, reflecting all changes to that document to the latest date. Then as new customers with a new document progress to older, the change sheet is updated in their document by them as you issue the changes. Any newly issued document should reflect all the previous changes. This is the only way to avoid a nightmare of tracking and controling any revisions.
A decade in the Navy taught me that one.
Greg.

Wilbur
03-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Where do I find this at?

mtylerfl
03-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Where do I find this at?

Hello Wilber,

A newsletter announcement with the link to the new manual went out to all those who are on the CarveWright email list. Have you signed up yet? If not, you can by visiting http://www.carvewright.com and filling in the "Join Our Free Mailing List" form. That way, you won't miss any important announcements, etc.

In the meantime, you can download the new CarveWright software manual from the CarveWright Download page:

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/downloads

Wilbur
03-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info. I have just joined the mailing list. Thought I had done that, but guess I didn't.

ironsides
03-16-2009, 06:51 PM
The trick is to have the change sheet in both new and old. It stays as part of a document, reflecting all changes to that document to the latest date. Then as new customers with a new document progress to older, the change sheet is updated in their document by them as you issue the changes. Any newly issued document should reflect all the previous changes. This is the only way to avoid a nightmare of tracking and controling any revisions.
A decade in the Navy taught me that one.
Greg.

Greg,

Thanks for the comments on the change sheet, I retired after working 40 years in the defense industry where the Navy was one of our customers.
The Navy has a policy about changes which was difficult to deal with but very understandable and that is:
"Know" your changes, not "No" changes.

CW needs to be more aware of this with the current Pattern Editor hickup in Ver 1.133 of the Designer software. I am still waiting for the fix.

Ironsides :)

Steven Alford
03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Hello Wilber,

A newsletter announcement with the link to the new manual went out to all those who are on the CarveWright email list. Have you signed up yet? If not, you can by visiting http://www.carvewright.com and filling in the "Join Our Free Mailing List" form. That way, you won't miss any important announcements, etc.

In the meantime, you can download the new CarveWright software manual from the CarveWright Download page:

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/downloads

I think you made the same mistake I made. This post is referring to the Owners Manual for the machine, not the software.