PDA

View Full Version : Pattern on carved region

rmiller2
03-08-2009, 08:03 PM
I have carved out a region to .25" and would like to place a pattern on it so it it raised .01" from the surface of the carved region.
?
Can this be done? any Ideas how to accomplish this?

AskBud
03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I have carved out a region to .25" and would like to place a pattern on it so it it raised .01" from the surface of the carved region.
?
Can this be done? any Ideas how to accomplish this?

It may depend upon the pattern, but try the Additive option on what you wish to raise above the carve area.
AskBud

rmiller2
03-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks, Bud. I used subtractive and changed the height from 100 to ten -- that seemed to work.

What is the technical description of what the height parameter changes?

AskBud
03-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks, Bud. I used subtractive and changed the height from 100 to ten -- that seemed to work.

What is the technical description of what the height parameter changes?

I believe, that the Height is a relative number, to the "Top of that area", 999 being as high as possible and lower numbers being below that scale. If the area is 1/4" the 999 will be evenly divided in that space. You can see the effects best by making a square Carve Area and Selecting a Surface. Make a Horizontal Dome and set the Depth at .5 and tilt the design. You will see the curve. Now, change the Height to 900 and watch the center rise. Type Zero and the area will be flat.
AskBud

rmiller2
03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
That makes sense.