PDA

View Full Version : trouble

rusticdesigner
03-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Last night I went to carve a litho and my machine was acting up. The Z-truck was hanging up and not moving freely. I took the machine apart and found the two small screws that holds the tab on that holds the drive belt to the Z-truck had come loose and was binding against the Y-truck. I cleaned the the machine and put it back together. Now the machine started the carving ok then it got off about 1/4" and carved that way for a bit then it got off again and started to carve the design on the carryer board. It did not give me any error codes. If anybody has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Kenm810
03-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Sounds Like your "Y" axis Drive Gear is Slipping or the "Y" Drive Belt is a little to loose,
you might want to check it's tension

b.sumner47
03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Just a quick question,is your machine level ? Capt.Barry

rusticdesigner
03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
the machine is level. I will check the y-truck belt tension and let you know is that works. Thanks

Ike
03-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Plus you might check the Y motor plastic gears to see if a tooth may have broke?

Ike

roughcut
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
did you make sure the clip is holding the belt down in the grooves right

rusticdesigner
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks for all your help. I found that when I put it all back together I forgot to tighten the set screw on the belt tensioner on the back of the machine. I also found that the bearings on the Z-truck are worn out. So I guess I will be calling CW tomorrow. Thanks again.