PDA

View Full Version : Clean foard sensor

newt55
03-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I am so sick of "dheck board sensor", and "load board". I have cleaned the board sensor so much it is getting worn out. The board measures down to the end, and then the "clean board sensor" cue comes on. I did a sensor check with my finger, and it works. Help me save the rest of my hair.

AskBud
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I am so sick of "dheck board sensor", and "load board". I have cleaned the board sensor so much it is getting worn out. The board measures down to the end, and then the "clean board sensor" cue comes on. I did a sensor check with my finger, and it works. Help me save the rest of my hair.

Go here: http://www.carvewright.com/instructvid/instructvid.html
and review "Proper preparation of the workpiece" and "Loading the workpiece".
They may help you.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
03-07-2009, 05:24 PM
If you place a sheet of copy paper on the board what does the board detector read. 140 - 156 are good readings. 90... Not so good.... What color are your fingers? That is why I ask with copy paper as a standard.

Is your wood dark? Dark wood will not read well enought... Masking tape over the board where it measures helps.

The board detector has 2 LED's transmitters and 1 reciever... If one LED has broken, and they do... You will get the finger check but not a good board reading.

Under warranty.... Call for one and you send the old one back.

AL

Old Salt
03-07-2009, 05:31 PM
take time to call it in. I have had this to and it may need spindle replaced on some older models . like I say call and talk to teck about your problem, they may have fix.

Can get fustrating not to even get started with out a problem! :(

newt55
03-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I gave the whole machine a good cleaning, and put the sensor over the white pine board, and got a reading of 147. Took the board out and it went to 0 as it is supposed to, but still says "clean board sensor" when it measures to the end of the board. On the occasion that it does get past this point, it measures to the other endo of the board, shuts down and says "load project board", or something similar. I've made about a dozen projects already, and have never had these problems before, except for cleaning the sensor, which has solved this problem in the past.

Rick P
03-07-2009, 11:53 PM
newt55 ... Is the little black rubber O-ring that's on the knurled brass roller in the right position...that got me last week... That O-ring must touch the bottom of the board and the brass roller must spin freely.

newt55
03-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Do you mean the brass roller on the bottom left?

Kenm810
03-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Yep, that’s the one,
If the “O” ring is missing or really warn it may cause a "load project board error",
Also you might want to check your roller Pressure reading, you have around 85 pounds of pressure,
if the pressure is to low or the rollers are hanging up and not compressing properly,
that can cause a "load project board error" too.

Jeff_Birt
03-08-2009, 09:07 AM
How thik is your stock? It MUST be at least 1/2" thick.

newt55
03-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Everything appears intact, and the pressure is right, and the stock is 1" (3'4)pine). Looks like I will have to call the company tomorrow. Thanx for the input guys. Dave

bradlucia
04-06-2009, 09:45 AM
The O ring on my machine became stuck under the side guide rail and caused board sensor messages,along with load piece messages.Put it back in the groove and it's cutting a project right now. Thanks Kenm810!