PDA

View Full Version : This years craft shows

TerryT
03-07-2009, 01:39 PM
First craft show of the year. I don't sell much at craft shows, to walk in's that is. The vendors on the other hand can be good customers. Very few of the 200 to 300 vendors there had any kind of business sign at their booth. After setting up our booth, Kathy's first job was passing out business cards to many of the other vendors and explaining that they really needed a beautiful carved sign with their business name on it. Or, how much more they could charge for their products if they had us do a little custom carving on them first.

My wife, Kathy, and one of my granddaughters manned the booth for today and tomorrow.

fwharris
03-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Terry,

Great display set up! A lot of good stuff hanging there showing what can be done. Thanks for sharing!

PlateCarver
03-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Great looking display. I do shows as well but focus on turnings and carving. Just started adding signs so we will see how it goes... Good luck..

www.go3d.us
03-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow! Those are nice. Good luck with the show!

mtylerfl
03-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Terry,

That is quite an impressive display - a lot of work went into all those projects. Excellent! Are you related to Digitalwoodshop (AL)? I love seeing his displays too! Looks like you both are similarly prolific.

All the Best to you and yours at the show!

RayTrek
03-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Hello Terry
Very nice,I enjoy very much seeing your work and thanks for the ideas.
Ray

TerryT
03-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Terry,

That is quite an impressive display - a lot of work went into all those projects. Excellent! Are you related to Digitalwoodshop (AL)? I love seeing his displays too! Looks like you both are similarly prolific.

All the Best to you and yours at the show!

Thanks Michael. I have a bunch of relatives that I would gladly trade for just ONE AL! I don't know if his energy level runs in the family or not but it sure couldn't hurt!

Knowing that Craft shows don't do well for us in this area we decided to just take stuff that showed some of what we can do. Then push for special order stuff. A lot of interest and a bunch of business cards were taken.

mtylerfl
03-09-2009, 09:29 AM
With quailty work like that, I don't know how anyone could resist enlisting your services! Here's wishing you all success!

GrammaPam
03-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I have exhibited at craft shows with different products through the years. The majority of response has come after the event from fliers people pick up at these shows. People are overwhelmed with visual stimuli, looking for a bargain or have yet to realize they need what I am showing. With signs two key suggestions for future sales are advertising for wedding gifts and a house warming for new home owners.

Speaking of house warmings, every Realtor in your area should know you offer an inexpensive, (or a price range of choices) thank you to their customers. Fliers are the best way to do this also. I print mine up on the computer as I need them. That way I can just keep a little extra and change them as often as needed, or as often as I want to show off the newest favorite thing I ever made.

Talk to you all later
G.P.

GrammaPam
03-10-2009, 12:15 AM
To Wasacop,

The signs a Realtor would use as a Thank You gift would have the last name of the people buying the house. I figure a very simple 3" high name on a 4" X 12" board, letters painted and a coat of weather protector, add a couple eye bolts. How many of those could you do in a day? $20 or $30 each and it could cover the cost of all the fun projects that you end up giving away.

The fun ones are the ones that take 3 hours to carve and it's for your grandson's first house.

Happy Carving,

G.P.

TerryT
03-10-2009, 07:13 AM
I have exhibited at craft shows with different products through the years. The majority of response has come after the event from fliers people pick up at these shows. People are overwhelmed with visual stimuli, looking for a bargain or have yet to realize they need what I am showing.

That seems to be the way it works for us. Last time, we received a few calls up to a month or two after the show.