PDA

View Full Version : Precise Bits Four Flute

jerrbitt
03-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Haven't seen any reports from anyone who has used thee PreciseBits four flute variety.

Price of $29 seems reasonable although I see where the minimum order is $50.

Like to hear from those those who are using these.

jerrbitt
03-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I tried one and I am very pleased with the 4 fluted (bits from http://soigeneris.com and I do not think there is no minimun order. Also you need to check out the lighted LCD display that he offers for the Carvewright machine for $38.50. Like night and day. I used to have to use the flashlight to read the display now I can read it from across the room. Prices are reasonable and the service is outstanding. Dan

The $50 minimum was noted right at the precise bits site. Appreciate the reference to the other site. Ordered the special coated bit.

mtylerfl
03-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Haven't seen any reports from anyone who has used thee PreciseBits four flute variety.

Price of $29 seems reasonable although I see where the minimum order is $50.

Like to hear from those those who are using these.

I've got a couple of them and they are perfectly fine. It's been over a year ago that I did a "comparison" between a 3-flute and the 4-flute. I could not tell any difference in the carve quality.

I'm not positive, but I think the CarveWright carving bits are now 4-flute also? I still have the original carving bits that came with my machines, but I could swear someone told me that a 4-flute came with their machine a few months ago.