PDA

View Full Version : Multiple scanning probe problems

djarboe
03-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Trying to do my first scan. I built a sled, put the items on a spacer above the sled base, and another spacer so I could set the scanning depth. It goes through all the setup, and finds the scan depth, and then starts. It immediately says "check probe". I have wiggled, twisted, disconnected and reconnected all the connectors and moved the probe tip all around. No joy. It still says "check probe".

So, I turn the machine off, and restart from scratch. This time, it will not lower the probe to set the scanning depth, but it thinks it did, and asks me to confirm that depth. Just for grins, I told it to continue anyway, and I get this message: "Motion flush w/o Servo, Error 615, Press STOP."

Any suggestions?

traumfanger
03-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I had the same issue: head wouldn't go to surface, and error message "check probe". I found I had a tiny bit of dust in the quick release chuck. I cleared it and have had no problems since. It seems that dust in the chuck is an over used excuse for the machine not working, but 90% of the time, that is the problem.