PDA

View Full Version : Cut time?

unitedcases
03-03-2009, 03:46 PM
When uploading a project, you get the estimated cut time. Is this carving time or carving time+cut time? Second, At the end of a project the machine displays total time on the project, is this carving time or carving time + cut time. I am starting to have quite the side business and I want to make sure that I am estimating properly because I am trying to charge per hour for machine work.

ChrisAlb
03-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Both are total project time. The uploading is an estimate which i find can vary up to about 20%.

I haven't run enough projects with the new versions that report the time when done to see how accurate that is. Nice feature though.

unitedcases
03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
So then a safe bet would be to always add 20% of cutting time. And that includes the actual cutting of the board as well, Correct?

badinfluenz
03-07-2009, 08:20 AM
When uploading a project, you get the estimated cut time. Is this carving time or carving time+cut time? Second, At the end of a project the machine displays total time on the project, is this carving time or carving time + cut time. I am starting to have quite the side business and I want to make sure that I am estimating properly because I am trying to charge per hour for machine work.

how much do you charge for carve time by the hour?