PDA

View Full Version : Red Locking Handle not locking

mikepail
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Hello all,
I used my CW today for the second time ever and noticed that the Red Locking Handle does not stay in the locked position. I don't have a problem with the head lifting through use, but it certainly is not locking. Also, when opened (i.e., pushed back to flush with the machine) the handle does not fully close. I don't remember this from the first time I used the machine, but not to say it wasn't the same then. I did a meticulous cleaning (seems to be the best way to keep the machine working well) between uses and didn't notice anything that would cause what I'm seeing.
I see the two locking arms pivot as I would expect and the tabs begin to press against the vertical posts, but if there is supposed to be a camming action, it doesn't happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mike

eromran
03-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Hello all,
I used my CW today for the second time ever and noticed that the Red Locking Handle does not stay in the locked position. I don't have a problem with the head lifting through use, but it certainly is not locking. Also, when opened (i.e., pushed back to flush with the machine) the handle does not fully close. I don't remember this from the first time I used the machine, but not to say it wasn't the same then. I did a meticulous cleaning (seems to be the best way to keep the machine working well) between uses and didn't notice anything that would cause what I'm seeing.
I see the two locking arms pivot as I would expect and the tabs begin to press against the vertical posts, but if there is supposed to be a camming action, it doesn't happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
MikeFunny you mention the red handle i forgot it was on there i have only used it maybe once this last year. I'm sure you are suppose to use it for something though. Sorry can't be more help.

Kenm810
03-01-2009, 07:18 PM
The first 6 months I had my machine I user the Red Locking nearly every time I did a Carving.
For the last 2 years I may used it maybe a dozen times, with no ill effects either way. :neutral:

swhitney
03-02-2009, 08:48 AM
red locking handle?? oh yeah, thats what it is supposed to do....