PDA

View Full Version : I Must Be Doing Something Wrong.

glcksc
03-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I have a job where I need to place a round hole in the center of one half of the length. The board measures 13.5 x 8.5 so each side of the center should be 6.75 and the center of that should be 3.375 by doing the math. When I enter those dimensions into designer the hole looks way off from where it should be and by eyeballing it to the center lengthwise designer says it is about 2.767. Whats wrong? Any ideas? I am trying to upload a sample board to let you see my problem.

mtylerfl
03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I must be slow - can't figure out what you need from your description. Do you have a drawing of what you want to accomplish, that you could post here?

(Unless someone else can decipher what you're wanting to do;), maybe that won't be necessary!)

I assume you know how to use the Centering Tools, Snap to grid and the Attachment features? (you can position anything very precisely with those tools.)

glcksc
03-01-2009, 07:07 PM
OK, I want to place a round hole at the point 1/4 of the length. The board is 13.5" long so each side is 6.75" from outer edge to center. The center of one side should be 3.375" from either side. When I place the hole using those dimensions the hole looks way off from where it should be. Also if I move the hole from the center (6.5" from either end) towards the left edge designer displayes the distance but maxes out at 3.1xx" before switching to where it measures from. That being said designer is indicating the length of one side is 3.1xx" x 2 or 6.2xx" and not 6.5". Does that help?

AskBud
03-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I have a job where I need to place a round hole in the center of one half of the length. The board measures 13.5 x 8.5 so each side of the center should be 6.75 and the center of that should be 3.375 by doing the math. When I enter those dimensions into designer the hole looks way off from where it should be and by eyeballing it to the center lengthwise designer says it is about 2.767. Whats wrong? Any ideas? I am trying to upload a sample board to let you see my problem.

Subtract your Radius from your measurement 3.375-.219=3.156, and click on the Green number and set it to 3.156.

You could, also, go to LAYOUT > SNAP and set you GRID to 1.125 (in this case) and see the midpoint of the length on each side of center.
AskBud

glcksc
03-01-2009, 07:09 PM
OK, So designer displays the measurement to the edge and not the center, Right?

glcksc
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Thank You. That suggestion really helped. I was interperting how designer measured incorrectly. I like the idea of usinf snap too. Thanks Bud.