PDA

View Full Version : Everybody chew on this one!!!

unitedcases
03-01-2009, 03:28 PM
So a few weeks back I was carving something out and I got a z-axis stall. Called Carvewright and we narrowed it down to a z-pack. Ordered the parts and changed them out and carved out something else and got the same error. So I call Carvewright and send the machine in. They do a smorgasboard of repairs. 290 dollars worth to be exact! So I load the "trout project". Carves great, better than before. Then I load the cutting bit and the machine gets about halfway done and then gives another error of z-axis 238. So I remove the board, luckily it did the carving part so I just now have to cut the parts out by hand, no big deal. I load another board to see if it will measure. And low and behold I get another z-axis error, this time 248. Does anyone out there have any clue what I should do. I know that we all have to do maintenance and that is more than understandable, however 5 hrs on it after they fixed it and I am right back where I started a month ago and 500 dollars broker. Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks for listening to me whine.

Jeremy

mtylerfl
03-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Hello Jeremy,

Sorry you're having problems. Do a search for "error 248" (WITH the quotes). You will find all kinds of useful info and perhaps a solution to your problem.

unitedcases
03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Well after I managed to cool off enough to look at my machine I found the bottom 16? pin cable had somehow gotten wedged between the wood and the roller. I am pretty boggled as to how that happened. Anyway straightened it back out and made a plexiglass "shelf" to sit in that area to prevent it from happening again. Customer Service contacted me and they are mailing me another cable in the event that I ever have a problem with that cable. Awesome!! I didnt even have to call about it.