PDA

View Full Version : Yep, another Y axis stall question

MikeMcCoy
02-28-2009, 03:16 PM
This is something I obviously induced since the carver was not doing doing this before I put in a new board sensor and Z bundle. I'll post what I've checked from what I got on my search.

I'm just looking for something I may have missed. I have good smooth travel up and down and across when I manually move the truck. No obstructions in the line of travel and no debris in the Y belt and lubed. I also did the sensor check and have power at the cut motor.

I checked the truck powered off and it is considerably harder to move when the machine is powered on.

I verified the wires are positioned correctly based on Al's many pictures. 8)

I would appreciate any other ideas.

Edit to mention that I'm also getting a -0.00 reading on the Y axis doing the sensor checks. That's obviously the reason for the stall but I'm not sure where to go next.

Digitalwoodshop
03-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Y is left and right and Z is up and down.

I believe you are talking about Z. With the power on it can be hard to move. If the big flat cable is plugged in at a angle it will cause a locking of the motor.... I even burned up a motor when the big flat cable snagged something and was pulled out at a angle. I had forgot to put the little black plastic cap on the circuit board. It holds it up and out of the way....

The Z data will read 0000 until you start to move it by hand then you get counting numbers.

Make sure the bearings are all turning, sometimes removing the motor and re installing it will fix the binding.

Let us know,

AL

MikeMcCoy
03-01-2009, 04:27 PM
I wasn't clear in my description but I was just trying to show that I had checked for power at the cut motor. That is registering correctly when turning the flex shaft. My zero reading is on the Y axis which I don't think has any input from the FFC cable. Correct?