PDA

View Full Version : Compucarve Scanning Problem

dwwilson44
02-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I bought the scanning probe and started to install it in my Compucarve unit from Sears. Oops, the area shown for the plug of the probe is just a hole in the unit holding the probe and the bits. Nothing to plug it into. Obviously the plug is either somewhere else on the unit or it doesn't have the capability. I am going to go to the manual to see what it says, but I thought I would check here also for the best solution.

AskBud
02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
It should have came with an extra wire that interfaces with the probe and has a flat plug on the other end.
Now, look to the Left of the truck and find the jack in the housing (it is black and is nested in the indentation of the movable head).
AskBud

mtylerfl
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I bought the scanning probe and started to install it in my Compucarve unit from Sears. Oops, the area shown for the plug of the probe is just a hole in the unit holding the probe and the bits. Nothing to plug it into. Obviously the plug is either somewhere else on the unit or it doesn't have the capability. I am going to go to the manual to see what it says, but I thought I would check here also for the best solution.

The Scanning Probe now plugs into a receptacle on the left side (the keypad-side as you face the front cover) of the inside of the machine. Open the clear cover and you'll see the rectagular receptacle there.

An adaptor wire converts the 1/8" mini-plug on the probe to a rectangle plug that connects to the receptacle. If you did not recieve that adaptor wire, call CarveWright Tech Support and they should be able to fix you up.

(It used to be that the probe's 1/8" mini-plug plugged directly into the Z-truck, but that configuration was changed some time ago.)

MikeON
02-28-2009, 09:22 AM
When my probe came the adapter wire was in the bottom of the box under the packaging material. For a few minutes I thought I didn't have one.

On my refurb CC, the receptacle for the probe on the left side requires the plug be installed with the retaining clip on the bottom. This makes it very difficult to get off. I have to use a screwdriver and am concerned about breaking it. I'm going to try and turn the receptacle over.

Kenm810
02-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Did the same thing last week,
I took the top of the machine and unplugged the wire harness
from the circuit board to get enough slake to flip the the receptacle .