PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Assistance

jerrbitt
02-27-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm not expereinced in Photoshop or other similar programs but am in need of assistance creating a pattern from a picture of a lighthouse. Specifically, the Cape Lookout lighthouse in North Carolina.

Downloaded some pictures of it from the internet last year and did create a pattern of sorts but it was not very good.

Would certainly appreciate if someone who has the time would look at these pictures and see if a decent pattern could be created and how much the charge would be.

I'm in a golf league and in charge of creating the plaques for year-end championships which have to include the lighthouse.

If anyon is interested, please send me a pm with you email address and I'll forward the pictures I have.

Thanks

bjbethke
02-28-2009, 02:02 AM
I'm not expereinced in Photoshop or other similar programs but am in need of assistance creating a pattern from a picture of a lighthouse. Specifically, the Cape Lookout lighthouse in North Carolina.

Downloaded some pictures of it from the internet last year and did create a pattern of sorts but it was not very good.

Would certainly appreciate if someone who has the time would look at these pictures and see if a decent pattern could be created and how much the charge would be.

I'm in a golf league and in charge of creating the plaques for year-end championships which have to include the lighthouse.

If anyon is interested, please send me a pm with you email address and I'll forward the pictures I have.

Thanks
Preview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cape Lookout lighthouse is painted in black and white, it would be hard to make a good PTN with an image from the internet. I made one but it is not very good.

jerrbitt
02-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Yep, yours is about what I ended up with. I think the key is to do it as a black and white and just have enough of the color scheme showing in the pattern to permit it being painted -- restored if you will to the black and white scheme.

andes
02-28-2009, 10:06 AM
See if this will work for you. Still pretty new to this myself. Maybe one of the seniors can improve on what I've done :)

Thanks

jerrbitt
02-28-2009, 03:11 PM
See if this will work for you. Still pretty new to this myself. Maybe one of the seniors can improve on what I've done :)
Thanks for the pattern and file.

I do have a pattern of the lighthouse and it is more of a fron angle than yours which makes it easier to paint the black --(staying in the depression).

I've got a model of the lighthouse and have take a black and white phote of it in high resolution. Will see how that translates to a pattern. If it turns out better than what we have, I'll shoot you a copy.

andes
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Cool, thanks

QUOTE=jerrbitt;82560]Thanks for the pattern and file.

I do have a pattern of the lighthouse and it is more of a fron angle than yours which makes it easier to paint the black --(staying in the depression).

I've got a model of the lighthouse and have take a black and white phote of it in high resolution. Will see how that translates to a pattern. If it turns out better than what we have, I'll shoot you a copy.[/QUOTE]

Kenm810
02-28-2009, 07:16 PM
A bit Late, but here's one