PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text Question--new user

patriotismlive
02-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Can the cutting depth be altered when using Centerline Text? If so, how?

cnsranch
02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Depth is determined by the size of the font - also a 60 degree bit will generally cut deeper than a 90. Other than that, you can't change the depth.

EDIT

Let me confuse you - you can fool the machine - when the machine goes to find the surface of the board with the bit during the homing process, you can place a shim there to cause the bit to carve higher than it normally would, but I don't think that's what you're asking for..

Jeff_Birt
02-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Let me confuse you - you can fool the machine - when the machine goes to find the surface of the board with the bit during the homing process, you can place a shim there to cause the bit to carve higher than it normally would, but I don't think that's what you're asking for..

Let me add a caveat to this, as coincidentally I was talking to one of the CW engineers about this just a few hours ago. While many folks have taken advantage of the trick of fooling the board height 'touch down' sequence to make things carve higher or lower, it has a very limited range. That is why it seems to work most of the time and then it will do something silly on you. It's a good trick but it can bite you in the butt too. Use with caution.