PDA

View Full Version : wilderness clock help

supershingler
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
i need some help to add a 4" x 6" square to the bottom of the back panel of the wilderness clock.
i showed it to a friend and he wants two of them. one as the pattern is now and one to give as a retirement gift to a friend.
i need to add the rectangle to the bottom of the back piece and cut around it so we can carve some lettering in the rectangle.
i can get the rectangle drew on the board by making the board 6" longer but i cant figure out how to get the outline pattern to work with both so i can do just one cut path.
i would put up a screen shot if someone can help me figure out how to do it
(im kind of a computer idiot sometimes)

any and all help greatly appreciated

thanks

kendall

mtylerfl
02-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Hello Kendall,

You should be able to draw the rectangle (make it a carve region before making the outline, then change to Zero depth afterwards), position it just like you did already - -then delete the existing outline/cutpath, select the clock pattern and rectangle together, click on the outline tool (which should form an unbroken outline for the clock and rectangle together), then click the Cut Path tool, flip the path, then make whatever Cut Control you desire. That should do it!

NOTE: on the Eagle_Clock_Back.mpc there is no pattern - -so, you can copy/paste the clock pattern from the front mpc to a new board and follow the procedure above. Once the outline is made - delete the pattern, leaving just the outline/cutpath.

...or, make the outline of the clock on the back mpc a carve region as well as the rectangle, then generate an outline/cutpath (delete the original cutpath and delete both carve regions after the new outline/cutpath has been made)

supershingler
02-27-2009, 05:09 PM
thanks for the help micheal

i havent had a chance to try try this yet but pretty sure i can figure it out

thanks again

kendall