PDA

View Full Version : A question on interrupting a job.

will george
02-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Found this as part of a response to a question.
"Even if you're in the middle of a carving, just stop the machine, remove the core, replace it and continue the carving. It also doesnt hurt to stop the carving and vacuum it out if you're doing a something that takes a while."

I have my machine but I cannot use it out in my cold shop so I cannot just try and see what happens.

My question:
Can the machine be interrupted, as in finish the job the next day? Can you turn off the CarveWright to do something and continue on where you left off?

I have 'looked' but I cannot seem to find anything that addresses this.

Thanks in advance!

brdad
02-24-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm not sure what "remove the core" means, but you cannot turn the machine off mid-stream. If you do you will have to start the carve over from the beginning. You can push the stop button and pause the project there, but if the power goes out or it gets shut off by other means you will lose it.

Also, there is an auto-power off setting, if that is enabled and you push the stop buton, it may shut down after it times out.

I think if the machine had a memory to know exactly where it was in a carving and could remember that even if the power went out it would be a great improvement.

Icutone2
02-24-2009, 06:53 AM
You can also just leave the cover open to pause the machine, and close it when you want to continue with the carve. I also agree that a return to previous carve would be a nice command!
Lee

Kenm810
02-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Something you might want to consider
while doing a long pause -----
Ridge in carving? (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10314&highlight=Flat+rollers)

supershingler
02-24-2009, 09:39 AM
ive paused my carver in the middle of the project several times and left it sit overnight with no problems. as long as the power doesnt go out or my wife doenst trip over the chord and unplug it i havent had a problem.

i usually only get about 3 hrs a night to do a carve so i have to finish it over the noon hr or the next evening.

just my thoughts

kendall

Hexe SA
02-24-2009, 12:43 PM
You can push stop and turn the machine off, but take your card out go back to the pattern and either delete the elements carved or place a carve area at zero depth over the already carved section. Good idea to save it under a different name. I usually do a 1/2 in overlap (aircarving). You can even take your wood out of the machine and reload when you are ready to continue. One thing I don't advise is the cut out function because the machine will measure everytime alittle bit off, may just 0.020" and plaques are not a good project too interrupt and turn off, just stop and continue at a later time but you most likely get the ridge if you leave it overnight. I carved the trout project in 2 hr intervals over 1 week time but no cut out.
With the core he meant the core of the flexshaft. You can stop and remove it for lubeing.
Eva